07/25/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:52 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 44 Times

Default Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon - Trish offers her services for surgery with this surgeon too!

So, I had a wonderful experience with having surgery with Dr. Kelly and Trish. The surgery with Dr. Kelly went well, but what also made the experience wonderful was the services of Trish. She set up the surgery for me, arranged the driver for me (both ways), arranged payment, was there to greet me at the hospital (at around 11:00 pm at night), was there when I woke up from the surgery, called my husband to let him know that the surgery went well, took me to the swallow test, took me to the hotel, etc. That's a lot huh?

Anyway, although I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Kelly, I also understand that Dr. Ponce de Leon is a great surgeon too and Trish coordinates for him as well. Of course it is important to have a good surgeon, but it is also about who is going to take care of you while you are in a foreign country. Trish was the one that made me feel comfortable and really helped to reduce my anxiety. Before the trip, I was really nervous about going to Mexico. I think I watch the news too much......things went through my mind like .....what happens if I get kidnapped? All those things went through my head. But once I got to the hospital and met Trish, I was just fine. So with that being said, both Dr Kelly and Dr. Ponce are great surgeons. I don't think you could go wrong with either one, BUT it really means a lot to have someone like Trish to guide you along the way. Yes, the other coordinators can book for you, but are they personally there to look after you? NO! If you want to get in touch with Trish, she can be reached at 661-886-4617 (you can text at that number too) or her office number 619-202-6011. FYI.... her assistant's name is Omar and he sometimes answers the phone. If you have any questions, my name is Noel....please feel free to ask.

Dr. Ponce de Leon does surgery at the same hospital as Dr. Kelly. Also, you will go to the Hotel Lucerna for recovery, which is like a 5 star hotel....so beautiful. When you walk into the foyer, you are greeted by beautiful marble floors....so nice. It's like a mini-vacation. You can find out more about Trish, the doctors she works with, etc. at her website......wls4betterlife.com. Whichever excellent surgeon you choose, Trish will help you along the way!

Thanks,

Noel

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/16/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zare
    Last Activity
    10-17-2013 03:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16 Times

Default Re: Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon - Trish offers her services for surgery with this surgeon too!

I will be having my surgery with Dr Ponce De Leon

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    06-16-2012 01:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Default Re: Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon - Trish offers her services for surgery with this surgeon too!

Trish is also encouraging patients to book with Dr. Ponce de Leon rather than Dr. Kelly. So none of the coordinators are encouraging anyone to schedule their surgery with Dr. Kelly. What does that say about Dr. Kelly? It’s very interesting that the only one referring anyone to Dr. Kelly for surgery is Dr. Kelly. LOL!

Name
    Grace
    Surgery date
    08/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Portsmouth Regional Hosp
    Said "Thanks" 919 Times
    Was Thanked 1,296 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,008 Times
    Blog Entries

I may be off but I'd say it means Dr Kelly isn't paying them as much to book as the other doc, or isn't using a service any longer.
    Best NSV - fitting on a kid's amusement park ride with my 4 yr old grandson!
    CFIDS =Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Also dx with post-bariatric reactive hypoglycemia; and chronic gastritis (both sleeve complications). Permanently disabled.
    Start weight 335, down to 218, up during gastritis. Have accepted there is no way to lose it with my hypoglycemia. Current weight 260. Currently doing 10 day sleeve reset and determined to get back down to my post surgical weight or close to it.

Surgery date
    12/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Ramos-Kelly
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

I happen to know that Dr. Kelly is booking a lot of his surgeries directly, which cuts out the commission on some of his patients. That being said, Trish still does nice things for Dr. Kelly's patients whether they book thru her or not. Dr. Kelly is a very skilled surgeon with tons of experience and a wonderful, caring heart. He truly loves his patients.

7. Said thanks:

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    05-29-2013 09:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

hi beatiful people this is Dr Kelly and I am here to say that I no longer book with any coordinator as I am booking my patients directly you can go with anyone you choose. The main reason I am booking my own patients is quality of care I want to provide such thing on my own. Coordinators specially the ones who are not here and only answer a phone and have no contact with you are just for the money. But I want to tell everyone that if you want to book with me feel free to do so and you will get the same standard of care
    Blessings to all of you

10. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times

some of the former patients posting and encouraging patients to go through Trish are getting a commision from her and of course they will say to go through her and thats OK she is an asset but remember that at the end of the day it is only you and I in the operating room and th rest are kisses hugs and her tucking you in at the hospital , the only person that really matters is the surgeon and you are entitled to choose whom ever you feel comfortable with . Having said this from now on I will give you my medical advice on this forum and I dont want to touch any issue about coordinators as I have spent 12 years of my life getting educated to provide the highest level of care and if youre curious enough ask any coordinator to show you their level of education
    Have a nice day if you want to contact me feel free to call me at 619 793 4869

12. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    12/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Ramos-Kelly
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Dr. Kelly, you are a gifted surgeon with great skills...but I don't get a commission from Trish. She was wonderful to me and was so much more than "someone to tuck me in." I don't speak spanish, nor did I know where to go for things I needed. I would never have gone to MX alone without someone there to help me find my way around and advise me of areas that were safe, etc. You have the right to use any or no coordinator. Trish was an asset to those of us who travelled alone. I truly appreciate what you both did for me. I will still recommend you.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/19/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kelly
    Last Activity
    03-12-2016 09:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 47 Times

I might add that Dr. Kelly checked on me frequently at the hospital and at my hotel. Very personable. The staff at the hospital were excellent and I was very well taken care of.

Highest Weight 6/24/11 • 287
    Starting Weight 9/7/11 • 275
    Pre-Op Weight 10/5/11 • 258
    Surgery Weight 10/19/11 • 245

Weight Loss since Sept 5th • 68 pounds!!

Loss shown below is from the day of surgery • • •

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ramoskelly View Post
    hi beatiful people this is Dr Kelly and I am here to say that I no longer book with any coordinator as I am booking my patients directly you can go with anyone you choose. The main reason I am booking my own patients is quality of care I want to provide such thing on my own. Coordinators specially the ones who are not here and only answer a phone and have no contact with you are just for the money. But I want to tell everyone that if you want to book with me feel free to do so and you will get the same standard of care
    Blessings to all of you
    Don't you mean that there are no coordinators will work with you? Tisk, tisk, you have even thrown Trish under the bus. Shame on you! I have made countless phone calls and I have been able to verify that there are 3 hospitals that won't let you work there and now Trish won't work with you.

So Trish is only in it for the money and only answers the phone. Doesn't she also visit patients, take care of them and doesn't she have a website where she spends money to advertise you as the surgeon?

The owner of this board should not allow you to advertise here for free! You should have to buy ads like Dr. Alvarez and Dr. Almanza have on this board and like everyone else on the rest of the internet. The truth will prevail!

Gastric Sleeve Member Andrea8967's Avatar
    Name
    Andrea
    Surgery date
    01/18/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    10-13-2013 02:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 25 Times
    Was Thanked 29 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 21 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gottago View Post
    Don't you mean that there are no coordinators will work with you? Tisk, tisk, you have even thrown Trish under the bus. Shame on you! I have made countless phone calls and I have been able to verify that there are 3 hospitals that won't let you work there and now Trish won't work with you.

So Trish is only in it for the money and only answers the phone. Doesn't she also visit patients, take care of them and doesn't she have a website where she spends money to advertise you as the surgeon?

The owner of this board should not allow you to advertise here for free! You should have to buy ads like Dr. Alvarez and Dr. Almanza have on this board and like everyone else on the rest of the internet. The truth will prevail!
    Gottago: why don't you stop slamming Dr Kelly and move on. He made his decision to not work with you any more so accept it and stop whining. This board is to educate those who are considering the sleeve. It's for patients. Not ex- coordinators. Get a frigging life.

CARPE DIET!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times

get a life L and S

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea8967 View Post
    Gottago: why don't you stop slamming Dr Kelly and move on. He made his decision to not work with you any more so accept it and stop whining. This board is to educate those who are considering the sleeve. It's for patients. Not ex- coordinators. Get a frigging life.
    You are wrong, I am not nor do I work with Trish. I never have. I am in human resources.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ramoskelly View Post
    get a life L and S
    What is L and S? Land of surgery? LOL!

So you won't address the questions? Just checking.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    debbiy
    Surgery date
    04/18/2012
    Surgeon
    dr weiss
    Last Activity
    04-27-2014 04:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 68 Times

glad we are all keeping focus on the fact that we are all trying to better our lives and health and glad my surgery will be in the u.s.this dr doesnt seem to be very nice . dont forget in reality thet are all doing a job they get paid to do. some are just better at compassion than others