Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Donna Rudewick

7 days out

Rate this Entry
I cant believe how much better I feel day by day. Its almost as if you wake up a different person everyday. Im still stunned by all this. I had myself thinking I would feel pretty awful for a few weeks after surgery but that hasnt been the case. So far, except for the first 2 days, Ive felt great.

I started my shakes today a day early. I cant tell when Im hungry, but Ive been waking up at night with a twisting and burning sensation in my tummy and when I drink some water it calms down. So around midnight and again this morning around 7 it started again. I start my shakes tomorrow so I figured what difference does a day make? I got a shake, took me almost an hour to drink 11oz., and it immeadiately calmed down. Its now 11:30 and I have had no more twisting or burning since then. I guess thats my new hunger.

I took the milk of magnesia yesterday and finally had my first bm. Hoorah!! Not much but hey I will take it. lol Im finally back down to presurgery weight. Waiting on onederland!! I start full liquids tomorrow which is creamed soups and pudding as well as all clear liquids. Im looking forward to some pudding and substance soup I can tell ya!! lol

I know this is gonna get harder as I go along but at the moment Im enjoying the fact that Im not starving like I thought I would be. I just couldnt fathom the concept of not eating FOOD in large amounts and not being hungry. Also having to figure out what your new hungry feelings are is also kinda trippy for me.

I hope I continue on in this way through out till I meet goal. Maybe or maybe not. I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Everyone have a great day and keep on keeping on!!

Submit "7 days out" to Digg Submit "7 days out" to del.icio.us Submit "7 days out" to StumbleUpon Submit "7 days out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey girl im glad your feeling better and the bm finally happened. I will keep following you to see your progress. Great job!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    Hey girl im glad your feeling better and the bm finally happened. I will keep following you to see your progress. Great job!!
    Thanks!! I will try to update as often as possible. When is your surgery?
    yeah I had that too...they had me on acid reducer so I switched it to night and also had a protein something before bed...that helped me.

I know...from social media we really expect the worst. For some, it sure is but for most...it's tolerable.
    You know what I'm having trouble accepting? That I can be sooo hungry/hangry, and such a tiny bit of food is all I can eat. It's so weird. A bite used to be "nothing", now it's half a meal!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muted_Tummy
    yeah I had that too...they had me on acid reducer so I switched it to night and also had a protein something before bed...that helped me.

I know...from social media we really expect the worst. For some, it sure is but for most...it's tolerable.
    I am on omeprazole for acid. I saw where Shirl had a bad bout with reflux one night so I started taking it at night as well. My biggest problem now is getting all my water in since I started the shakes. Was having no problem before but now it's a chore and I'm usually shy 24oz by bedtime
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    You know what I'm having trouble accepting? That I can be sooo hungry/hangry, and such a tiny bit of food is all I can eat. It's so weird. A bite used to be "nothing", now it's half a meal!!!
    Oh man I'm havin that with the soups. I made a cream of celery soup and was set to drink the whole cup but after 3 sips I was done. Lol. All I could think of was what do I do now? Lol