Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JennK

Change in Lifestyle

Rate this Entry
Ok peoples, my life is about to change... again.

im 5 weeks out and still adjusting to this new situation, and tomorrow my Inlaws are moving in... Coming from Peru to live with me, my husband and 2 year old son. I don't speak Spanish and they do not speak English... I have met them a few times over the years, and they are super nice, but I am NOT used to living with anyone but my husband.... Anxious to say the least.... getting ready for another big lifestyle change !! wish me luck.

Submit "Change in Lifestyle" to Digg Submit "Change in Lifestyle" to del.icio.us Submit "Change in Lifestyle" to StumbleUpon Submit "Change in Lifestyle" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was taking to my husband about concerns , mine, his, his parents... he said his moms worry is weather or not I will like her cooking....
    Tough one....let her cook for others, cook for you. Wish you luck and patience with this one.
    JennK, I hope it works out for all of you! I am sure there is a good reason they need to move in.

Peruvian food is delicious! Didn't they discover the Quinoa!!!? all I can suggest is to set boundaries early on, and if you need a translator feel free to reach out ;-) if you can get their Ceviche recipe for me I would love you to eternity! It is raw fish cured in lemon and hominy. Very healthy!

Let her know you will be cooking for yourself as suggested by thenewmetoday.

Best wishes!
    This could be very exciting in the food area. She may have recipes that are tasty and fit your food requirements. I'm always looking for new food idea where a small amount (1/2 cup or less) is packed with flavor. A few ounces of something with wonderful taste is excellent paired with a few slices of tomato or a tiny salad. I've read where other people have had family members that only want to eat fast food, pizza, and snacks. I rather have your situation where I'd have someone to cook new foods I wasn't exposed to. I would take her to the grocery store and let her pick what she needs for cooking you might be surprised.
    Hi ladies!! Thanks for the support... Yes very good reasons for them to move in, we have been expecting it for a while.. Even bought this house due to the add on mother in law suite attached. They are super nice, only issue is the getting used to ppl in my space, and the language barrier. It will get better over time, just awkward in the now!

She loves to cook so I am looking forward to that!! She knows I can only eat small amounts, and that I am concentrating on protein, so I think she will be helpful. I love ceviche too
    Cant wait for some home made!! I cooked for the whole family (his side) 9 ppl on sunday. Made tacos and quesadillas with all the sides for a welcome lunch yesterday. I was good, had almost 1 triangle of chicken quesadilla, and lemon water, but I didn't mind cooking. It was fun. I had a couple spoons of the taco meat for dinner that night. But I cant wait for her to take over in the kitchen