Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lcw

Plateau or what?

Rate this Entry
Next week I will be 8 weeks post op and have been stalled at the same weight for the last 4 weeks...I stay between 193-195 and the scale hasn't moved. I'm only regular food but truly don't eat that much; I have a protein shake in the morning, soup for lunch and usually a meat protein for dinner sometimes with green beans or another veggie. I don't eat more than 3-4 bites and I'm stuffed. Is this normal or does anyone have ideas on how to get the scale moving? I will admit I noticed loosing inches, but even that has ceased and nothing is happening.

Submit "Plateau or what?" to Digg Submit "Plateau or what?" to del.icio.us Submit "Plateau or what?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Plateau or what?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You probably aren't getting enough calories or protein to keep your metabolism going. Shoot for 800 calories a day, 80 grams of protein.
    I stall if I go below 1,000 calories - and I'm NOT a gym rat. You have to play around with numbers. As long as you're getting enough protein (80-100 grams) and liquid, you're good.
    I would also recommend eating more frequently. i eat 6 times a day at least. Mix it up too that will help break the stall.
    thanks ladies -- I'll try eating more and am hopeful it works...I take my vitamins and get my water -- I'm not hungry. I eat when I'm supposed to but fill up so fast that I don't want anything else...
    If it was me I'd add a few protein shakes in you day.
    One.. it counts towards you liquid intake. Two ...its Protein packed. Got nice amount of vitamins an such too.
    I like having 4oz chicken breast its got @30 grams protein, and can of tuna has 40 grams. Neither of those are a large amount to eat...other fish are good to if yer not a tuna fan