Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jason.owens

Insomnia

Rate this Entry
I had my sleeve a week ago today. The first couple of nights I slept great! All of the sudden, the last four nights I just feel wired at night. Anyone experienced insomnia after being sleeved? I am maybe getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night total. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Did it eventually go away? What did you do to manage it?

Submit "Insomnia" to Digg Submit "Insomnia" to del.icio.us Submit "Insomnia" to StumbleUpon Submit "Insomnia" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's your body going through all the physical changes, and healing process. I had the same problem, but it got much better, especially when I was able to get rid of the CPAP machine I would say, "give it time," but if it continues to be a problem; talk to your primary. I also took lots of walks and stopped napping when I got home from work, that seemed to help. Continued success
    Thanks so much! I am walking a couple of miles per day. I am exactly one week post surgery and other than the insomnia I feel great! I am down 30 lbs since beginning the liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery. Incisions are looking good. There is only one that is quite sensitive but not too bad. Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it!
    It's most likely the larger incision that they actually put the bougie through that usually hurts. Sounds like you "got this down" already. You're going to love the journey, and the destination to an improved life.
    Are you taking pain meds? I only mention this since I am unable to take pain meds of any kind. When I take any I get up and clean house and they make me totally hyper.
    I haven't been taking any pain meds. I haven't really needed any. They gave me some lidocaine patches, Lortab liquid, and some pain/inflammation cream but I must say I don't really need any of it. I manage just fine with plain over the counter Tylenol if I am hurting. The incision that is hurting is the larger one. It is the incision she said would likely hurt for a while. She said that is the one that they pulled the stomach thru and I also had quite a bit of muscle in that area so they put in a mesh to help the inside tissues heal and grow back together before they closed the incision.
    oh yes...and then i slept a lot and then i didnt..well it is like the above poster said..your body is changing..but soon you will even out and all will be well!!