Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

debbievintage

The Second Half, A New Life Without Fear......24 days and counting...this time for real

Rate this Entry
I.m so looking forward to the second half of my new fearless life! I'm 50 and the fears are to be put to bed, tucked away, sweet dreams my old friend. I

I had originally planned to have gastric sleeve in April. Looking back now I wasn't serious. I was worried about scheduling the date to fit into my Spring Break and gave myself 10 days. I wasn't serious though. At the same time, my best friend of 30 plus years had her surgery and I was inspired watching the transformation. Even more I was simply in awe when she said she was full!!!!! I saw her spread a normal meal out over two or three meals. I was amazed.

I got it together. I joined support groups. I got a loan (my insurance doesn't cover). I paid in full. I made deposit to hospital. Checklists and journaling are my new norm. Being accountable to GS, being committed to healthy future has empowered me. I see my therapist, without fail, weekly. I plan meals, actually know what I'm eating 3 days out. I read and reflect, listen and share.

Submit "The Second Half, A New Life Without Fear......24 days and counting...this time for real" to Digg Submit "The Second Half, A New Life Without Fear......24 days and counting...this time for real" to del.icio.us Submit "The Second Half, A New Life Without Fear......24 days and counting...this time for real" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Second Half, A New Life Without Fear......24 days and counting...this time for real" to Google

Comments

I'm having my surgery in 17 days... I am inspired by your dedication and need to do more of the journaling. I'm anxious to see how you do Where are you having your surgery?
    Torrance with Dr. Takahashi
    You go! You sound very determined. You will do great with your sleeve. All you have to do each day is to do what you need to do THAT day. That's all. Really. I promise.
    Thanks for the support. I carry around my journal/calendar for dear life. Just having it with me and my notes from support group and classes really helps?
    Helps!!!
    I'm Ron Burgendy?