Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jmichelle

Keeping up the positivity, but keeping it real too.

Rate this Entry
As of today, I can report that i'm still twaddling along. I'm feeling pretty good but one day, someone came along and dropped a ton of bricks onto my back! The dirty bastard . I've been going all day long as usual, but getting tired earlier. Between 7 and 8 i'm ready to shut it down for the day. It's not a bad thing as I know I need to get to sleep earlier anyway (before midnight).
I'm getting all of my vitamins in, but I gave up on protein shankes. I tried, I really did. I can't tolerate them at all, so I'm looking into other sources for protein. Numbers posted about another source of protein to try, so I'm going to purchase it.

So far, i'm tolerating most everything on the nutrition plan which is good, but i'm still struggling to get adequate calories in each day. I'm still coming in under a thousand calories. I'm healing well, no pain, no set backs or other illnesses. As far as exercise goes, I haven't gotten out and started walking yet. I've been getting the garden ready and planting spring veggies so that has substituted for exercise. The hail storm and horrible weather we had last week destroyed some of my veggies so i've had to do some replanting.

Really, the emotional part has been the most challenging. I've been able to see how bad my behavior has been in the past. I'm realizing that had been eating out of boredom and stress, but lying to myself about it. Grocery shopping feels different too. I knew my portions were out of control, but dang if I now realize that I was eating enough at every meal for two people! That's a shame, but I can work on making those changes now, so I won't fall into
that trap later.

I'm now at that point where I wonder if the weight will really come off. I've read many blogs and postings from the newly sleeved and veterans going through the same thing. It's so new and the changes are so many that it seems like getting halfway to a goal seems like it will never come. I'm stalling out right now so that just adds fuel to the doubt machine. I know deep down it will change, but unfortunately it dosen't kill that nagging desire for instant results. I have to tell myself that I didn't gain a 100 + lbs overnight, so don't expect it to come off that fast.
Well, i'm going to sign off for now, but if anyone has a question about my experience in TJ with Dr. A feel free to ask. Good luck and God Bless, talk to yall later! Stay Positive!

Submit "Keeping up the positivity, but keeping it real too." to Digg Submit "Keeping up the positivity, but keeping it real too." to del.icio.us Submit "Keeping up the positivity, but keeping it real too." to StumbleUpon Submit "Keeping up the positivity, but keeping it real too." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

its still early girl!! you will do this..but remember protein protein protein..and yep..i feel the same way about those shakes!! good luck!
    I barely get 1100 calories a day at fifteen months. You should be between 600 and 800 hundred and 800 would be a stretch. Just focus on your water and protein.
    I will make sure I get those calories in and def work on the protein.