Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cois1234

MEDIFAST tasts like MEDICRAP!

Rate this Entry
Ok, I am struggling with this Medifast diet. I cant stomach the chocolate shake, eggs, or blueberry pancake. I have found that I can handle the chicken and rice and chicken and noodle soup not to bad with salt pepper and broth. I also don't mind the apple and cinnamon oatmeal. Any suggestions on flavors you like? Before anyone states the obvious I have been on other diets like Optifast and that was much better. And I just lost 60 lbs. with pure protein shakes and bars. But my Dr. requires everyone to be on this diet 2-4 weeks before surgery. I am just trying to survive until then.

Submit "MEDIFAST tasts like MEDICRAP!" to Digg Submit "MEDIFAST tasts like MEDICRAP!" to del.icio.us Submit "MEDIFAST tasts like MEDICRAP!" to StumbleUpon Submit "MEDIFAST tasts like MEDICRAP!" to Google

Tags: medifast Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Can you do the Ideal Protein diet instead? Basically he's just getting you ready for what it will be like the month after surgery. Medifast is NASTY! I wouldn't spend $400 on that crap.
    He must get a kick back for the referals....
    Hi! I have to do the only one available here in the Netherlands for 3 weeks prior. I get a choice of four flavours - chocolate, (Which is the best, and since I don't like chocolate, that's saying something...) Coffee (how dare they call it that!!!) Vanilla (Ugh!) and Banana - just don't get me started!!! That's it. I have been trying to psyche myself up to it for a while now. (I don't have to start until mid November, though)
    MEDIFAST tasts like MEDICRAP!
    LOL.

Something tells me the "Medifast" people won't be asking you to run their ad campaign anytime soon.
    If I REALLY hated it and couldn't stomach it, I'd try to find something that I could stomach that was comparable in terms of nutrition (protein and calories) and just use it on the sly. You wouldn't be "cheating" the program -- just using a product you could stomach (literally.

Good luck to you, sunman.
    If your doc wants you to stay on Medifast (which both my mom and I use daily, just the shakes) perhaps you could try (15 yrs ago was on medifast shakes and lost 60 pounds in 4 months, doc supervised) what I use to do to the shakes, would get the vanilla, I know you don't like them, but added flavorings, like cherry, root beer, orange, anything I could find and switch it up. Trust me, 4 months on medifast shakes only, you get very creative. Perhaps because I got use to them, but we actually love them, especially the orange. And since I need more protein now after the surgery, I just add my whey protein to the shakes.
    Good Luck!!
    Costco sells great premier protien drinks, wary better than mediast and less expensive, they also have premier protien bars. Drinks and bars have 30 grams protien, low sugar. Nice flavor.