Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

babybel86

2 More Days!!

Rate this Entry
Well, I can't believe I've made it this far! In two days I will be on the loser's bench.

I started this journey months ago mentally. I, like many on this journey, have had failed attempts at weight loss after more failed attempts. I've grown tired of being a slave to dieting! I remember last year telling my sister that if I could not lose weight on my own by the beginning of this year (2014) I was going to look into bariatric surgery.

At the beginning this year I went to see a doctor about something completely different and she referred me to a bariatric surgeon. I went to the seminar and had made an office visit. I was elated, and quickly deflated when I realized my insurance wasn't going to pay for the surgery or any of the pre-op requirements. I just went on with life, I mean what else could I do.

And then... my friend told me she was getting sleeved in Mexico. My first reaction was like anyone else, shock. I was happy for her but worried also. I joked with her and told her that if she came back ok then I would take the plunge.

Well she did come back and she was doing great! No complications, nothing. I was still apprehensive but started doing some research. I wasn't too serious about it at first, but in June I needed to see a doctor about my knee and he told me he was following about 4 or 5 patients that had gone to Mexico and were all doing great! He also told me that realistically I needed bariatric surgery. So I started looking into it more and more and on September 23rd I made the decision to have the surgery in Mexico. It took me 6 long months to make that decision. My surgery is this Friday, October 24th.

Tomorrow after I drop my children off at school my husband and I will embark on our journey. After much anticipation I started to get really nervous, but I went to a retreat meeting last night and asked my prayer sisters to pray for me. I hadn't told them about the surgery but did last night and was afraid of judgement and just nervous about telling them, but they were so awesome!! They prayed over me and it was literally the most powerful thing I have ever experience!! I cannot even put into words what they're prayers did for me. All of my anxieties are gone!

Yesterday I started my clear liquid diet and did a bowel prep. I was really dreading this part but it hasn't been too bad. The sugar free Popsicles and and SF jello are keeping me sane. Today I brought chicken broth, powerade zero, SJ jello, SF popsicles, greek yogurt, and water of course. I hope to post after surgery and let everyone know how things went.

You all have a blessed day!!

Submit "2 More Days!!" to Digg Submit "2 More Days!!" to del.icio.us Submit "2 More Days!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 More Days!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good Luck! I will be thinking of you!
    Good luck hon, You wont be disappointment once you see that weight fall off
    Quote Originally Posted by mem222
    Good Luck! I will be thinking of you!
    Thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNotABarbie
    Good luck hon, You wont be disappointment once you see that weight fall off
    Thank you! And no I don't think I'll be disappointed at all!!
    Good luck...tell them Fast Eddie will see them in three weeks!!!