Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mrsdez

4weeks post op

Rate this Entry
I am officially 4 weeks out!! I started purees last week and had no problems. My dr gave me the go ahead to skip soft food and eat regular, however just having chicken salad for the first time was not good. It hurt and sat very heavy😬. So I think I might just do purees and soft foods for a bit longer. I've been still walking and my scale said I gained between 1-2lbs this week! I've been on average eating about 700 cals. Sometimes a few more and a lot of days around 600. So I was very shocked to see I gained. The only thing I can think of, would be I'm now back on my neurological meds like lyrica. Oh well I'm going to shoot for a better week and pray my chemo meds and steroid doesn't mess me up this up coming week!

Submit "4weeks post op" to Digg Submit "4weeks post op" to del.icio.us Submit "4weeks post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "4weeks post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just keep doing what the doc tells you and you will be fine. The weight will come off just don't give up!!!
    That happen to me as well. Approximately on week three i gained 4 pounds and stalled for another 2 weeks, once i started incorporating my protein shakes and watching my sugar intake i start loosing again I've lost the 4 pounds i gained an additional 5 pounds.
    Don't be discouraged, you will have some weeks where the weight is pouring off too.

Flaky fish, eggs and ground chicken or turkey might be easier to digest. Make sure the soft proteins are moist. Maybe you can cook the chicken in a crock pot?

I'm sorry to hear about the meds you are on. Stay positive.
    Thanks everyone!