Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CharlieFarley

8 weeks post-op. 247lbs (49lbs down)

Rate this Entry
I have been having to resist temptation this week. Not food... but buying clothes..!

My girls have gone back to school and today my wife flew back for her work in China. So, this week, there has been a lot of time spent in clothing stores. I am quite excited to have bought two (but only 2!) T-shirts - being able to get them in size XL means I can buy shirts I really like instead of the best of the limited selection that fits me. But what I really need is jeans - mine are so baggy around the thighs! - except my waist size hasn't changed by more than one size so far. I am not prepared to waste money on clothes that will be so short-lived. (Although my wife is pleading with me to get something less baggy!) So I will wait.

Tomorrow, I will see the nurse at my family doctors' practice to get my blood pressure measured. I already know that my home wrist BP monitor has me at the low end of the healthy BP scale and I am beginning to believe that I may eventually be told to reduce my BP medication. Recently, I have regularly felt the pain in my feet and ankles that always signals the imminent arrival of a full-scale gout attack that would have me in bed for two weeks or more... except that the attacks haven't come (fingers crossed). I reckon that if I did better with drinking fluids, I wouldn't even get those base-level pains. So I'm really optimistic that the surgery is having a significant effect on my health. Which is what it's all about.

Next Monday will be the two-month mark after my surgery. I am within touching distance (just 4lbs to go) of losing 50% of my excess weight. It puts me in quite a reflective mood; it has all gone so fast and it is genuinely staggering to think where I might be in another 2 months.

Submit "8 weeks post-op.  247lbs (49lbs down)" to Digg Submit "8 weeks post-op.  247lbs (49lbs down)" to del.icio.us Submit "8 weeks post-op.  247lbs (49lbs down)" to StumbleUpon Submit "8 weeks post-op.  247lbs (49lbs down)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Enjoy shopping my husband took me yesterday for shopping and it felt great, I liked wearing my old pants because it felt good that they looked loos on my so I felt ohh yeh I lost weight but after buying a new paints that feet me better on my new size it felt even way better , so enjoy it and good luck with your journey
    Awesome CharlieFarley! I can't wait until I can shop anywhere....or as you said accepting what limited options there are in my size.

PS- My dad's name was Charlie, so I am predisposed to heart people named Charlie.
    Congrats on your success!! As I have been losing weight I wore my bigger clothes until people started to tell me they looked like dresses and my pants were almost falling off. Then I bought a few pairs of pants for work and started shopping at the thrift stores. I always said I wouldn't shop at them but both me and my husband have been surprised how you can find great buys there. We have quite a few within 5-10 miles of our home so we go to the various ones weekly and look around. My husband has even found a few things he really likes too! Enjoy some shopping! You deserve it!
    Awesome post!! Glad 2 here that the surgery is doing great things for you!
    Congratulations! So many great successes already! Enjoy your shopping.