Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Joanne1958

Veggie Burgers!!

Rate this Entry
Hi,
I just wanted to share with you that I tried a piece Morning Star Veggie Burger
tonight and it was yummy!!!! I didn't have to load it up with condiments just ate it and it tastes like hamburger and has 17grams of protien in it too. So one of those, a protien shake and protien bar and I have 40+ grams of protien in. My hair is getting thin so needed to find some way to get my protien in! I use the unflavored protien too but just can't get enough of that in!

Submit "Veggie Burgers!!" to Digg Submit "Veggie Burgers!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Veggie Burgers!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Veggie Burgers!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks! I have been wondering if they were any good!! Now I will have to go and try them!! Keep up the great work!!
    I bought some last summer and still haven't ventured out to try them yet....maybe....Don't forget to take your biotin for that hair loss!
    I hear everyone talking about the hair loss and it sounds a bit scary. Is there anyway to avoid the hair loss and how bad does it get?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie maya
    I hear everyone talking about the hair loss and it sounds a bit scary. Is there anyway to avoid the hair loss and how bad does it get?
    Everyone is different- but most people experience at least minimal amounts of hair loss from a combination of many factors: anesthesia from the surgery, lack of nutrients, and our bodies reactions to losing huge amounts of weight suddenly. My doctor said it is perfectly normal, usually grows back, and effects 90%+ of his patients. Most people do lose, from what I have seen and heard from literally thousands of other support group members (though there are some people who don't lose, I'm sure!!), but you can DRASTICALLY help yourself by making sure you get enough protein, getting fluids in, and taking biotin and/or hair/skin/nails supplements. I did all the things above plus daily work-outs, and I still lost about half of my hair- but it stopped around month five and is now growing back in steadily.
    I was surprised at how good good they are.. MOMX2 I didn't know about biotin is that a vitamin?
    Oh my God Shrinkinggirl you lost half your hair??? Oh Lord have Mercy I can't afford to lose have my hair I don't have a lot to begin with!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne1958
    I was surprised at how good good they are.. MOMX2 I didn't know about biotin is that a vitamin?
    Oh my God Shrinkinggirl you lost half your hair??? Oh Lord have Mercy I can't afford to lose have my hair I don't have a lot to begin with!!
    Yes, though from what I can tell, I am on the more extreme end as far as loss goes- I had huge patches gone. Luckily I have very curly hair which covers the holes up well. I found it rather shocking myself because I had an extremely easy recovery and was getting 60g protein as soon as I was on liquid shakes from week 2- there was no time except clear liquids week that I didn't meet my protein and water goals- so I never could use the excuse "I wasn't getting enough protein before and now its too late"- I was just not lucky, I suppose!! But the worst is over now and I've lost 75lbs in less than 6 months so I'll take it as an even trade at this point!
    I take 7500 mcg of Biotin twice a day, and sometimes I can get the 70 grams of protein in, but some days I don't!! My hair is very thin and fine to start with! I am on month 5 of being sleeved and there were two days, that it came out in wads, and I was shedding so bad for about a month! seems to be slacking off (Lord, I hope so))
    All the Morning Star products are yummy, I love those veggie burgers. I too am afraid of the hair loss. But it is part of losing lots of weight in a short period of time with minimal calories.