Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Blan

Just venting - nothing to do with surgery

Rate this Entry
I cannot believe how messed up my insurance is. I already know that they don;t pay for anything that will actually improve your health, just pills and more pills. It doen't actually have to do with the health insurance itself but the rider my work, one of the biggest companies in the State, put on it. They dont pay for bariatric surgery. Ok, I already knew that; that's why I paid for it in Mexico but I just found out that they do not pay for diabetic counseling!!! Can you believe that??? That is sooooo messed up! What kind of *&^% is that? I'm soooo mad! They rather me get complications from diabetes than teach me how to take care of myself before it gets bad. I'm so fed up!

Submit "Just venting - nothing to do with surgery" to Digg Submit "Just venting - nothing to do with surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Just venting - nothing to do with surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Just venting - nothing to do with surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I hope things get better in the States for medical coverage. I'm so envious of Britain and I'm in canada (half way between the USA and British system). In Britain they seem to get many things covered but you need to wait a long time and need to qualify. For example, infertile couples get 3 free attempts at IVF, I believe and they'll only throw 1-2 eggs back each time and they determine how many to throw back I think. In Canada and USA, you pay for IVF out of pocket $16,000) and you get to choose how many eggs to throw back ( 8 - remember octamom?) Which then costs the insurance companies HEAPS of dosh in emergency surgeries for the partially developed babies. My gf had IVF twins, they had $485,000 of infant emergency surgeries (eye, ear, heart). Imagine if they ponied up to pay for the IVF and only put 1 egg back how much they'd have saved? The systems are backwards in North America. People are dying, the system is going bankrupt (partially due to all of the corruption) and we're at the mercy of politicians that make things worse (except in the case of Obama, I feel he'll get your country back on track after the Republican's butchered so much over there-but that's another topic ). Harper just voted to restrict generic drugs and allow drug producers in German to collect top dollar on drugs they sell Canada for 3 more years (currently generics come out after a 2 year wait. So it's going to cost Canadians 9million more/year for drugs. An he's meant to be OUR prime minister. He's selling us out at bottom dollar. I'd like to see how much money the conservatives got from drug companies lobbyists.

I hope you can find what you're looking for despite your sorry assed insurance company.
    Updated 01-11-2013 at 05:34 PM by slim_again
    Thank you! I was on the phone with the insurance company and even the representative was shaking his head asking me, "Hang, on, I'll check here ...and there" Uggg, it is soooo frustrating. I am fairly educated and can read a book about diabetes but I'm still confused about so much. How can they deny to teach me??? This is insane!!! Just insane!
    Sounds strange..maybe contact them and say how u feel. if nothing else to get your frustration out...
    That is just plain nuts-o!!! Grrrr! Hopefully, with weight loss, the diabetes will get better.
    It always amazes me that insurance won't pay for me to have WL surgery, but will pay a quarter million dollars if I have a heart attack, does not want to pay for my anti-depressants or counseling, but will pay $40,000 for a month of being locked up in a nut hut.

I decided to go the Mexico route because I KNOW what will go on if I try to make them pay for bariatric surgery (which my plan clearly states it covers, but they say that about counseling and meds too.) Bah.