Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aclabombard13

Anyone have success with their insurance covering skin removal?

Rate this Entry
Since I am just about at goal, with a BMI of 21.9.... I am starting to think about getting my stomach skin removed and possibly a breast lift (slight reduction if necessary for coverage). I was wondering how many of you have had your insurance pay for either or both of these procedures? What did you have to do for the insurance to approve? How long did it take before you could have surgery? I have lost 124lbs in the last 9 months, I feel great with clothes on, but much less attractive with them off. My worry is that my skin isn't bad enough to be covered but too bad for me to live with. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Submit "Anyone have success with their insurance covering skin removal?" to Digg Submit "Anyone have success with their insurance covering skin removal?" to del.icio.us Submit "Anyone have success with their insurance covering skin removal?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Anyone have success with their insurance covering skin removal?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

getting a boob reduction will be easy for me cus mine are just way too big and have problems with them...but i've heard no insurance will cover the skin removal but you never know really.....if you're having sores and irritation under your stomach i can't see why the insurance won't pay for it. but then you never know
    I know a girl that got the skin removed due to irratation but she had to appeal to insurance times.
    This is a great question and I am eager to hear any responses that you get.
    My insurance will cover skin removal if you have a documented, reoccurring rashes, sores, irritation, or infections under the tummy apron. As for the breast augmentation I'm sure the same would go.
    Hi I work for an insurance company in Australia and as long as it is deemed medically necessary it is covered, for the breast reduction/lift could be because your back is aching as a result and the skin removal I am sure your doctor will find a reason......congratulations BTW!
    A woman at my job had insurance cover skin removal due to the amount of skin hanging falls to a certain point. Unfortunately every insurance will be different.let us know what your insurance says once you call them oh, my company uses Aetna.
    When I signed up with Dr. Almanza in Mexico, they offered a mommy makeover surgery for a low price. I have since heard that they will not be doing that anymore. So I am not sure. Maybe one of the other Mexico surgeons are still doing them. I do plan to find out for myself, but I am nowhere near that point yet. Great job with the weight loss! Good luck.
    Last time I was at the surgeons, the PA asked if I had rashes or sores under the folds. When I said no and I do what I can to prevent that, she replied "we'll you just might want to get a few".
    HI, I AM FROM FRESH MEADOWS NY. JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT BELLEVUE HOSPITAL IN MANHATTAN DOES REMOVE EXCESS SKIN. IAM 2 MONTHS OUT SINCE MY SURGERY AND CANT WAIT UNTIL MY GOAL WEIGHT TO HAVE MY EXCESS SKIN REMOVED.