Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Olga1o1

Things Crumbling Under My Weight - Countdown to Surgery

Rate this Entry
Now I know that everyone talks about clothes when they look for inspiration for wanting to loose weight, or being around for their loved ones, and I am looking forward to those for sure, but you know what I AM looking forward to?...Not breaking anymore things because of my weight. That simple. Tonight I broke the little mini-stepper I had just purchased less than a week ago, I've been really putting it to use since I got it and tonight one of the steps came off and wont stay on anymore, yet ANOTHER thing I have broken since I have been this weight. I have never told this to another soul, so this is the time to come clean, since I have reached this weight I have broken: a chair, my daughter's foldable step stool, the box-spring of our bed on my side of the bed, and tonight even a little exercise machine. And of course each time I tried to blame it on something or someone else, actually my husband is usually quick to come up with those excuses in my defense.....*sigh*, but in truth I can see it in his eyes, the look of hidden disappointing, he knows I am the reason everything keeps crumbling under my feet. So after this latest I would have gone to bed crying tonight, but I going to sleep honest with myself, and looking forward to the day I don't have to confess to such embarrassing things, because tonight I am looking forward to my surgery that is now only 8 weeks away. :]

Submit "Things Crumbling Under My Weight - Countdown to Surgery" to Digg Submit "Things Crumbling Under My Weight - Countdown to Surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Things Crumbling Under My Weight - Countdown to Surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Things Crumbling Under My Weight - Countdown to Surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

After reading this I feel for you and all i can say is your day will come. I used to break things a lot and blame it on other things. Hell once I was so dishonest with myself i went out and bought this chair I loved which cost me $80.00 and the weight rating was 150. I weighed close to 350 at that point and after 3 days of sitting in it the welds on the metal base broke under my weight. Its wonderful you are being honest with yourself that is a big help to beginning this process. I hope you have a wonderful day and on;y 8 more weeks I hope they go by fast!
    Bless your heart! I am about 2 1/2 weeks away from my surgery and I understand. I have a fear of breaking stuff so I don't sit and those STUPID pastic chairs on paito sets my legs cramp trying to keep my weight on them and not the chair. I live in florida and a lot of the resturants on the beach have them in the seating area. I will pray for you. Keep your chin up you will get there and JUMP up and down on your bed/chair with out fear of breaking anything.
    OMG I completely understand! How about walking into a room and automatically gauging if you think the furniture will hold you if you sit down? Or getting on public transportation and evaluating if you can squeeze into the seat? Or horror of horrors, airplane seating!!! Congratulations on starting your journey and all the best for your future!
    Talk about humiliating- how about joining a posh new book club & going out for dinner with these people you hardly know, seeing them all squeeze their skinny buts between 2 tables in a very overcrowded restaurant only to knock over a bottle of wine with your own big fat ass because you we're too ashamed/humiliated to admit to yourself you wouldn't fit!!! The thing I most look forward to about being skinny? Not wearing jocks (underwear) that look like you could safely parachute with! That scene in the movie Shallow Hal where she throws her massive undies is heartbreakingly true for me.... but not for very much longer.
    Isn't it good to be in a place where you can openly talk about things like this and know that you won't be judged, but treated with compassion?

Hang in there, soon you will be sleeved and you will be experiencing the most astounding changes in how you look, feel and your self-esteem. The waiting is the hardest part. After it is done, the next thing you know, you will be shopping in the misses departments!

Best Wishes to You!
    Patty
    Yup- have broken a few chairs myself. Once in a busy trendy restaurant- ugh! Humiliating! And airplane seats??? I travel for pleasure a lot and I always am first in line so no one has to see me struggle for five minutes to get the seat belt buckled. There were a few times where I couldn't buckle at all and just covered up with my sweatshirt. So, bad! So, welcome to our forum where people are so very kind and helpful and non-judgemental. It's a beautiful place to be.
    OMG! I thought I was the only one. Broke a chair and fell on my a$$ in the middle of the nurses station at work one day. So embarrassing! I laughed it off but cried on the inside. Oh and the broken bed?........Been there too! I feel for ya girl! I will be sleeved in a couple of weeks and Im looking forward to this change as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwander
    Yup- have broken a few chairs myself. Once in a busy trendy restaurant- ugh! Humiliating! And airplane seats??? I travel for pleasure a lot and I always am first in line so no one has to see me struggle for five minutes to get the seat belt buckled. There were a few times where I couldn't buckle at all and just covered up with my sweatshirt. So, bad! So, welcome to our forum where people are so very kind and helpful and non-judgemental. It's a beautiful place to be.
    I just learned to ask for the extender and I too tried to get on early so less would know. I always feared they would double charge me.
    You know what I am most looking forward to?? I want to tie my shoes! I will buy shoes with laces so I can! I want to polish my own toes! No more paying for it at the local mani- pedi- shop down the street! I want to sit 'criss-cross' again! Those are my top 3...hehe...and speaking of airplane seats, I actually wondered if they would try to force me to buy another ticket....anybody have airline probs??
    Oh! I hated airplane seats.. and those plastic chairs at my chuch..ufff.. everytime there's a party I need to put two plastic chairs so I could not break it.. going to a restaurant with those "U" seats is totallly a no no for me.. so now that I'm already sleeved I'm looking forward for my next flight
    Aww I've totally done that too when I couldn't buckle a the seat belt on a plane and would just tuck the belts under my shirt to look like they're buckled. I've had this problem in people's older cars as well. Actually my husband used to have an old lifted open-cab style Jeep and REALLY wanted to take me for a ride in it, he was so proud of it, and I was pregnant and a little over 300 pds at the time (more now) and I could NOT lift my leg up high enough with my big weight and belly to get in the vehicle! It took me like a good five minutes of struggling before I miraculously managed to reach that seat! I wanted to cry because I was so embarrassed in front of him, and he is my husband so he has pretty much seen everything! Well to make the matters worse once I fiiiinaly go up there I realized that the old fashioned belts did not used to be made big like they do in today's vehicles and I could not buckle it. I was trying to laugh it off, but was crying inside. Ahhh, so many stories. Hopefully not for too much longer. :] Only 3.5 weeks away now!
    I know of several people who have been double charged for airline seats. Southwest is really bad about it. I had one friend they double charged then didn't have an extra seat. He hated flying with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by healedheart
    I know of several people who have been double charged for airline seats. Southwest is really bad about it. I had one friend they double charged then didn't have an extra seat. He hated flying with them.
    Wow! I have heard that about Southwest, and I think they have been on the news for this stuff. But I have never flown with them, so not sure. I live in WA and our most common airline here is Alaska Airlines, that's who I've flown with 90% of the time and thankfully no one has ever asked me to pay for two seats...even though I WAS spilling over to the seat next to me. Last time it was while flying with one of my friends, I felt SO horrible about it!!