Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

hnybun128

I've gotten off track

Rate this Entry
and I'm disappointed with myself. I can blame it on my grueling work schedule (50+ hours mandatory per week on top of a 2 hour daily commute), however there really is no excuse. My work schedule is a challenge, but I'm the only obstacle to my own health.

I've been eating lots of unhealthy carbs lately. I haven't lost anything in nearly a month. Actually, I seem to go up and down 2-3lbs. I need to start tracking my protein and drinking my water again. Most importantly, I need to start exercising regularly again.

I walked on Friday and I went for a run today, so that's a start. I am so disappointed in myself, though. Why would I go through such a drastic thing as bariatric surgery if I wasn't going to do everything I could to regain my health? I feel like I can still just eat and eat and eat. How is that possible when the majority of my stomach has been removed?

Don't get me wrong, I've lost about 70lbs now. I feel amazing compared to what I used to feel like. It seems like others are so much further along than I am 5.5 months out. And I know I haven't been doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I wonder if I should go back on the liquid diet for a week or so to get my head back in the game and break myself of these carb cravings?

Submit "I've gotten off track" to Digg Submit "I've gotten off track" to del.icio.us Submit "I've gotten off track" to StumbleUpon Submit "I've gotten off track" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hello! You are not alone...I am in a similar boat. I'm about 5 months out, and over the past couple weeks have been bombarded with too many opportunities to eat sugar and carbs. Thankfully, my stomach isn't big enough to eat all the junk I want (or used) to! So, I haven't lost anything the last couple weeks. Good news for us, though.....TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY, AND THE HOLIDAYS ARE ALMOST OVER! (yay!!!) So, don't beat yourself up! (I'm not going to) I'm going to up my water & protein intake and call it good! Wish you all the best on getting back on the wagon, and CONGRATS on your progress so far! (give yourself a big hug and a lot of credit!)
    Thanks, Dawn! I just played a little Just Dance 3 on my kid's Wii to cheer myself up. Wow, is that a workout! Back on the wagon I go! Tomorrow is a new day and we're starting a new year!
    I think you are doing great! I am 5 months post-op and I have lost 73 pounds...and I have not fallen off the wagon even once. The fact that you have and have still lost 70 pounds makes me envious...lol I think you have a great "get back on track" plan and I also think you will be back in the groove in no time at all
    Thank you so much, Anissa! Now to just get my butt up before dawn tomorrow so I can keep my exercise on track! It's the only way I can get regular exercise accomplished with my busy schedule. I know I have to make myself a priority now. No more excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by hnybun128
    Thank you so much, Anissa! Now to just get my butt up before dawn tomorrow so I can keep my exercise on track! It's the only way I can get regular exercise accomplished with my busy schedule. I know I have to make myself a priority now. No more excuses.

You got this! And I look forward to reading your future weight loss posts
    Hi gals,

You should be so proud down 70 lbs..you are doing fantastic, I only hope after my surgery I'm down as much as you. Keep up the good work and take it one day at a time.."
    be gentle with yourself.
    you went through this because you needed a tool to help you achieve your goal.
    you have lost 70 pounds and i am sure it was no cake-walk!
    so you fell off the wagon. it happens. but let's get back on track.
    have you tried the 5 day pouch test? several have had success with getting back on track with that.
    supposedly it has gotten the scale moving for some even though that is not really its intended purpose.
    I am 12 months out and have only lost 85!!! I too have blundered right now, but I am trying to regain control and am gonna do protein shakes for a few days !!
    OK, I did get up before dawn this morning, but it was to find a sick kid and no working thermometer. I ran to the store to buy one so will not get to run this morning. That said, I am posting this so as to hold myself accountable that I will run when I get home. Wish me luck!