Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cassandra

No support from home

Rate this Entry
MY BOYFRIEND WILL NOT SUPPORT MY EFFORTS TO A HEALTHIER LIFE.I HAVE TRIED TO HAVE CONVERSATIONS WITH HIM BOUT THE WAY I FEEL BUT ITS NOT GETTING THREW TO HIM.SO I HAVE TO DEPEND ON ME AND DO WHATS BEST 4 ME...ANY ADVICE PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Submit "No support from home" to Digg Submit "No support from home" to del.icio.us Submit "No support from home" to StumbleUpon Submit "No support from home" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

There are many fish in the sea. Date someone with more education and empathy. My husband supported me because I wanted it, and did not voice his opinion one way or another, other than stateing several times he wanted me to be OK and that he knew I probably did a lot of careful research. It's called trust, and we've been married 30 years. Stand your ground, it's part of your individual identity to be able to make informed decisions, after all, you are not married to him to have to completely consult with him.
    No support is hard... My hubby aka my BFF.. Doesn't want me to have this surgery... But he knows how important this is to me...after 3 kids..and tons of loss and gain..I'm ready for some consistency.. This is for u babes... I'm putting me first, I want u to put u first... I meet my surgeon 1/2/13.. So excited...there r tons of support groups and forums out here...do ur research..u can do it!!
    You got me and my girls trust me that is huge. To be real I hate all the family support I know it os crazy but it is just as worse as no support. I will tell you. On my phone and too much to explain maybe thst will be my next blog post too much family support.
    It could be that he feels once you've reached your goal, you will leave. Sounds like he's insecure and some people want you to stay "stuck" in neutral. You are rocking the boat and taking him out of his comfort zone. My advice, be true to you. This decision benefits your quality of life. If he can 't understand that do not sabotage your happiness and success for his feelings. Tell him to get right, or get left!
    My boyfriend isn't supportive either! I told him that this surgery is happening regardless, but I would really appreciate SOME support. I don't want to leave him behind (move on), but that happens a lot with weight loss surgery. I know it's a possibility, but I'm putting ME first for once when it comes to this.
    thanks for all the support Lady's...all i wanted him to say is baby i support u...do what u have to do if i like it or not.but,it dont MATTER cause i see it like this he dont have hypertension i do,he dont have diabetes i do.in others words im doing this for me and my 3 brats i birthed.
    My sisters boyfriend doesn't support her neither. He'll make random jokes about me having the surgery. He says that he doesn't want her to have the surgery, because she'll have plenty of men looking at her mind you he is over 400 pounds .
    I went through the same thing!!! Do it for yourself !!!!! You will love yourself for doing it.
    Yes do it for you don't let know one tell you how your supposed to feel. Always trust your first instinct and that is to be in a healthier body to do things. He might think that if you have the surgery he will lose the SEXY MAMA you are going to become and that probably scares him. You do you and everything else will fall into place. I am not with anyone but he left about almost 2 years ago he will be back in buffalo in February ( I heard) and I plan to flaunt my 190 pound body in front of him saying I did this by myself and you cant have it anymore!!! BE GOOD TO YOURSELF!! as my mom always says.
    THX,im not going to say anything else until my surgery date which is bout 80 days away.but he did say he will take me to the airport...lol.. im not worried im still going to Dr.Sergio Quinones.I will be paying my deposit on the 31st.
    good luck and keep us posted.
    You can do it!!! I went to Mexico by myself and they took great care of me. Your doing it for yourself anyway. Sounds to me as if he may be a little scared of how great you will look after the weight is gone. This is your path to a healthier lifestyle. Either he can stay aboard or jump the hell off.
    I second all the ladies' comments. He might be scary or selfish. Is he overweight? I have been blessed with a very supportive husband who was sleeved 3 years ago. He has given me so much advice even though I was there with him all through his post-op months. Here's to you and your health..nobody is in charge of it but you! Best wishes!
    I agree with everyones posts as well you are a beautiful woman and you need to do what is right for you he will hopefully come around and support you but if he don't hey as someone else mentioned plenty of fish in the sea...most of all you can't let the no support sabotage your journey...
    get a new boyfriend or go it alone!!! this journey can be dificult enough without someone holding you back
    Ladys,i have paid my deposit...he actually helped me with the deposit..lol he says he still LOVES ME no matter what...i told him i LOVES U 2...I will see how its goes still 70 days to go....and THANKS 4 THE SUPPORT.
    You won't regret it!!!
    One of the best decisions you will make. I'm down 28 lbs and I notice a big difference already.
    Loved reading your information! I hope your boyfriend came all the way around. Someone in my life was threatened because they thought me being overweight was their leverage that I felt I could not or was afraid to leave!! NOT!! Mind you it took a long time to recognize it as emotional and mental abuse but thank GOD the scales fell from my eyes!! You are well into your journey now, how are things going? My surgery is scheduled for June 4th this year. I'm hella nervous and excited! It's 2018 and you are still inspiring folks AWESOME JOB!!