Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

VSGOct2011

Finding a new passion for exercise - no more excuses!

Rate this Entry
Surgery was 2 weeks ago today - I've had 2 weeks to liquify, re-couperate and rest my pampered derriere, but tomorrow is the beginning of a new regemin that includes exercise and a focus on pushing forward to work this tool, this gift of a new start, a rebirth of sorts.

I am blogging this so I can say I've made this commitment to myself out loud. If I keep it inside I may not follow through, but if I have to answer to myself or others, I will. That's how it works for me.

I have a sucky history with exercise - it started as a child. My mom wouldn't let me participate in group sports or any activities that might 'hurt' because I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. The theory back then was to not do anything because it would hurt me more - we now know the truth is so different - research tells us exercise is beneficial for people with arthritis to maintain their joints. I know she did it because she thought she was helping me, but reality is it laid out the foundation for a lifetime of inactivity and 'I[I] can't do that because I have Arthritis'[/I]. So all that changes now.

In the past I watched others participate - but as of tomorrow when I wake up I will become a participant, not an observer.
* I promise to try any activity that has the promise of shedding & toning and helping in the battle of the jiggle.
* I promise I will push my body in ways it cries out to do. Our bodies were meant to move - that's why God gave us arms and legs - so we could move. If we weren't intended to move, we wouldn't have them. So, tomorrow I will move my arms and legs as much as possible.
* I will dust off the eliptical machine in the basement and set the timer for a new start to an active me.
* I will incorporate activities with my child whenever possible so she also gains the benefit of my new lifestyle. (Although I could take a lesson from her - she loves her dance, swimming and skating lessons and would add on others if we had time in the schedule).
* I will find an activity that gives me the passion to keep active, no matter how many things I need to try before I find the 'one' that gets me excited to exercise!

This I say out loud & in writing as my promise to myself to be the best I can be

Thanks for reading!

Submit "Finding a new passion for exercise - no more excuses!" to Digg Submit "Finding a new passion for exercise - no more excuses!" to del.icio.us Submit "Finding a new passion for exercise - no more excuses!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Finding a new passion for exercise - no more excuses!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You can doit!!!! I will be right behind you after my sleeve on the 10th of Nov.....
    I know in the past after I had lost 100 pounds I would exercise 6 days a week. I felt so good...
    I always wonder why I stopped...Life got in the way.. My Mom got Lukemia and passed away in 2 months and it has all be downhill ...well up scale from there..
    I need to find me again and I pray this is this tool to help me do this...

Blessings, Julie
    Yay! Listen to your body and don't over due. Have fun!
    I have RA also and I've been concerned about what exercise I could do post op. I'll be honest though. I DON'T like to exercise but I'm hoping that will change. I do remember a time (when I was in high school - only 40 years ago) when I exercised religiously. I so hope that discipline returns AND that my RA doesn't interfere with my goal for a new me.