Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

smilingkris

Bummed out

Rate this Entry
I've had a goal to lose 90 pounds by 12/31/12. I'm about 2 to 3 pounds from that goal. On Sunday, my trainer had us run .25 miles (twice) between sets. I felt fine during the running. Monday, I felt a little foot pain. Tuesday, I had more pain while walking through Walmart. Then Tuesday evening I went back to the gym. I walked slowly but the pain kept increasing. I stayed for the rest of the work out. Iced the foot that night. Today, I went to urgent care. There were no breaks but she told me to lay off of exercise for a week. She thinks it's a soft tissue injury. My work outs have been going awesome lately. I really want to meet that goal. And I'm afraid that no exercise means I won't meet it. This really puts a dent in it.

Submit "Bummed out" to Digg Submit "Bummed out" to del.icio.us Submit "Bummed out" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bummed out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Can try spinning? It's awesome cardio and shouldn't be too much on the foot.
    swimming as an exercise alternative with no pressure on your foot?

but really, don't let yourself be made miserable by an arbitrary goal. it's nice to aspire toward things, but being 2 or 3 pounds away from your goal would be a terrible reason to feel down or that you've failed. How amazing that you've lost so much, and that you've achieved so much in terms of lifestyle change. be proud, compare yourself to where you were at last year, and celebrate how far you've come - not the gap between where you are and where you hoped to be.
    do some cardio on an eliptical (no impact) or recumbant bike to keep up the momentum
    I totally agree with the second poster here...when you go into this expecting to meet certain personal goals for yourself and make it the end all and be all of your world, you're setting yourself up for huge disappointment and/or depression if you don't do it in the time you want it. Perhaps it just sounded like that from your post and you're really ok with what happens. There are so many things you have to be proud of for yourself, so many goals you've set and reached. This is just one of many goals during this lifetime of your sleeve.
    Relax and enjoy each day as it comes. Live each day and focus on the positives and let the other things go. Have a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. Let 2013 be your best year yet!
    Goals are important and I would be sure to not give up too easily. But don't risk injury to reach it. Look for alternative exercises as we're previously suggested. As well you may want to lower your caloric intake for a while as well.

You are so close dont give up you can do it!
    Thank you everyone. My trainer ended up designing a workout that wouldn't use my foot. I'm taking it easy so I don't create long term foot problems. I am still hopeful to meet my goal. I had a LOOOONG stall in Sept/Oct and that's partially why I'm so hooked into that goal. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!