Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LeisaMcD

4 months post op

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone!

I am celebrating my 4 month post op sleeversary and thought I should add a quick post. In 4 months, I have lost 45 pounds, joined kickboxing and earned my yellow belt, and have perfect health! No high blood pressure or high cholesterol. I have had some mild hair shedding, nothing major and certainly nothing worth complaining about. I take biotin and use Nioxin shampoo and I think that may have helped. I have great energy and truly love my new life. My only regret is that I didn't learn about the surgery 10 years ago.

I don't always get my protein or water in, but I try every day. I am able to eat just about anything I want. I eat small quantities and often have to remind myself to eat because I am never hungry and I forget to eat. I am able to attend parties and celebrations and have a few hor d'ouerves and I am satisfied with that. Watching people pile heaps of food on to their plates actually grosses me out now. I used to be the type of person that had a heaping plate, and I am surprised by how much the sight of the huge portions of others bothers me. I don't say anything out loud, but I sure think it. And I think, now I know why I was so overweight before, I used to eat like this!!

I am very particular about what I put in my mouth now and I look at the quality of the food that I eat. I choose more expensive cuts of meat, fish and seafood and organic fruits and vegetables. With the reduced amount of food intake, I am saving huge $$$ on my grocery bill and now feel like it is ok to buy the good stuff without feeling guilty.

The surgery was a quick easy and simple solution to a problem that I had suffered with for years. I had no complications with the surgery what so ever and now that four months have passed, the memory of any minor pain or discomfort I did experience is a distant memory. The work that comes after the recovery, is not easy and is a daily conscious effort to continue to eat right and stay on the road to healthy.

Life is better than it has been in years. I feel healthy, strong, sexy and confident. And I owe it all to the sleeve.

For those that are reading that haven't had the surgery yet, please feel free to ask me anything, don't be shy. People on the forum are here to help and offer assistance where possible.

Best of luck to everyone that is on this journey. Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year!
Cheers,
Leisa

Submit "4 months post op" to Digg Submit "4 months post op" to del.icio.us Submit "4 months post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 months post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Lisa - super happy for you and the update is great to hear. I am not yet sleved and hearing these stories are so encouraging. I have to drop 10lbs before my surgery and I am already down 8 by just not drinking pop and eating candy. I am so aware of my eating now and what others eat. When you go to resturants the portions are HUGE and it has become so normal to have so much food in front of us. You cannot go 5 miles here without a fast food resturant..food is everywhere so we abuse it. I am looking forward to when food is only fuel for my body - not a part of my every thought. Congrats on your sucess!!
    Thank you for your success story. It's posts like these that are so valuable for a 9 day post-op, knowing that normalcy is just a few weeks/months around the corner. Great job!
    I already see what you mean about seeing the portions others have. I have not had surgery yet but am on day 8 of my pre op diet. I am currently sitting in the middle of a banquet and not even tempted. The food smelled good at first but seeing these people heavy as me, if not more so, with plates with food just piled on disgusted me. It's nothing against the other people it's knowing a few weeks ago that was me. I don't want to be like that anymore.
    Great story Leisa, thank you so much for sharing!!!!
    I think your life is better because of YOU, not the sleeve .... "...I owe it all to my sleeve"
    Sounds like you are treating your body as it should be treated.
    I look forward to being there next year.
    yes I have a question you had such a good start how did you start with the first water or liquid right after surgery. I think that the first thing into new tummy could make a differnce if you dont freek it out right away I think the healing would be better ,warm cold ,hot,water ,water-mix ,thanks Debi
    Hi Debi..

For me the first day was just IV fluid, second day was freezies and they were delicious. third day lukewarm broth that was delicious, but I really loved the freezies. Everyone is different and have different tolerances to food temperatures. It was August in Mexico and hot, so the cold liquid felt nice and helped cool me down too. When we got to San Diego and were walking the streets, we would stop at the 7/11 and get the sugar free slushie, another nice treat. Before bed I like to have something warm like tea. Your tummy will quickly let you know what it likes and doesn't. It will be great and you will come through it fine...
    thank you I think if it reached your tummy still cool it mite of been good to help the swelling well I hope I'm as lucky as you I find out my surgery date on Dec.17 it couldn't be soon enough for me as I'm 55 and my skin is only getting older and not going to bounce back into shape my stats now are 5 ft.3in. 240lbs
    wow, you look beautiful in that blue dress! I sooooooo can't wait to "forget to eat" I am so happy for you and hope to be singing the same tune here shortly!