Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Eleanor

3 month post op - a little dissapointed

Rate this Entry
Good morning everyone!! I had my 3 month post op appointment this morning. Everything is good. It's just that my weight loss has really slowed down. I am down 32 lbs (based on the drs scale, but 35 on mine). I wish it was more, the drs office wondered what could possibly be happening so they asked me to eat some more healthy snacks. I walked through what I typically eat and they thought it was a great meal plan, but that maybe I just need to eat more. They also said that maybe exercise is causing muscle build up so that could also be a factor. They told me to weigh myself only once a week. We'll see, I'm happy to report though that I have no complications and am doing well. I hope you all are doing great! Have an awesome day.

Submit "3 month post op - a little dissapointed" to Digg Submit "3 month post op - a little dissapointed" to del.icio.us Submit "3 month post op - a little dissapointed" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 month post op - a little dissapointed" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well to weigh once a week is torture for me I do it every day ( and I shouldnt) I also exercise a lot and my weigh loss has stopped for 10 days now I was sleeved Oct 1 and have lost 50 lbs I agree that the muscle makes us stop loosing but we want muscle!!! Good luck to you ;-)
    I can understand how that would be a bit discouraging, but think of all you have accomplished so far. I have been a bit discouraged by the scales slow progress as well, but have been trying to be positive and think about it more like at least it is going down. I also know I am losing inches which is the main thing. I know sometimes it would be nice to have the confirmation on the scale of how are bodies are behaving, so we get those great numbers. But you are doing great! We should coin a phrase that embraces the inches lost and the numbers still going down. Like, Onward and downward or something like that.
    Thank you ladies for the encouragement. I'm in good spirits, I am sure that in due time, I'll be able to get the scale to move. In the meantime, I'll keep it moving with my head up. Sounds like a nice challenge to throw out there to the creative minds on this forum. What should we name the "lose inches not weight stage".
    I understand your feeling discouraged because I am experiencing the same thing. We just have to keep on moving and getting healthier and keep the faith. I can tell that I am losing inches, and that I feel better, so that is the important thing.
    I'm not sure that it would help me to only weigh once a week, because I haven't even lost 10# in the last 30 days.
    One of these days we will step on the scale and drop several pounds. It will come in Gods time and not ours, I suppose. Hang in there!