Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Fernanda

pain 13 days out

Rate this Entry
New to this site 13 day out of gastric sleeve having a lot of pain in the left side anyone have any idea how long this will last thanks

Submit "pain 13 days out" to Digg Submit "pain 13 days out" to del.icio.us Submit "pain 13 days out" to StumbleUpon Submit "pain 13 days out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

HI

Im 8 weeks and 5 days out....is the pain from where ur incisions are??? if so they well start to feel better soon....I never had any real pain in my side it was in my chest where they repaired my hiatus herina...hope u feel better soon
    Are you still taking your pain meds? I am 3 weeks post op and I still have some pain and soreness. I have noticed that the more I walk, I am then able to pass gas in which takes a lot of pressure and discomfort away.
    If you have pain medication take it for the pain, you had MAJOR surgery and things were cut and pushed around and pulled out. Make sure you are walking to get the gas to move so you can get it out. Pain is normal for most sleevers esp. on the left side. Hang in there it definitely gets better.
    i'm almost 4 weeks post op and i have 2 inicisions that are giving me pain. the incision where the drain was just won't close and the incision where they took the stomach out of hurts (almost a burning sensation) even though it's almost completely healed (on the outside at least)
    YES! its the internal incision made where the stomach organ was removed! Took 4-5 weeks to be totally pain free from it! I never had a drain so I do not know the discomfort from that.. But that internal incision healing is awful! What helped me was the belly binder they sent me home with. For some reason wrapping that very tight around my abdomen helped with the discomfort until that incision finally healed!
    Thanks all for wonderful advice my pain seems to be getting worse not. better never had a drain and passing gas ok
    If it's getting worse, then check with your doctor. I had pain with the largest incision, it got gradually better over 4-5 weeks as monica said.