Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Post Op: Saturday morning, Day Two

4 months, 58 lbs, some hair loss, dropping sizes, new man

Rate this Entry
Well I am 4 months post surgery and notice that I don't stalk this website as often as I once did. The steady predictable weightloss has ceased and now it seems to be stall drop, stall drop.......with each stall is a body reshaping. I am now able to eat fish and eggs again, both being the cause of 2 of my three vomiting episodes. Some days I feel I can eat a lot, and others, I struggle. This weekend, it felt like nothing agreed with me and today I felt like the muscle on my body was being gnawed slowly by affectionate zombies. Most days I remember the multivitamin, some days I don't. Some days I am great with protein and others, all I can handle is vegetables and rice.

Yoghurt, porridge and soup are my go to foods when not quite chipper! I can do about 3/4 of a piece of toast, slightly less if I have an egg on it. I've been this weight before and felt great, but I am older now and can see that the weight I have carried in recent years, lost quickly, will leave its toll. Yet I met a wonderful man not quite a month out from surgery. When I told him of the VSG he researched it so he knew what lay ahead, I knew then he was pretty special. We are now just over 3 months in to the relationship and I feel pretty lucky. It was important to me to meet someone while still big so, why? a lifetime lead up..........but I have found a great mate!

I have no regrets at all, not even in not doing it sooner. I had tried and tried and had varied success over the years. A couple of bad back episodes which lead to depressive episodes, and I found I couldn't drop it like I used to. Jenny Craig, Lite n Easy, exercise, I could lose up to 7kg........and then successfully reclaim it! This is working, but some days I wonder if it has stopped, and then at some point, a couple of kilos drop, or the new slacks that I just got into, now fall off my hip and I am rolling them at the waist. 58 pounds in 4 months - yee hawwwwwww

So the hair is coming out a little more than the usual summer moult. Twas expected thanks to the forum, if anything, it makes me more diligence about nutrition now that the immediacy of the surgery has worn off. Does it mean I am perfect? Bah!!!!

Blueberries are a god send, a couple at a time and I know those little balls and power hits of antioxidants when I take them. Pasta, bread, make me ill, with a slow gnawing uncomfortable feeling. Cheese and water crackers.........I probably have a little often, so I need to watch the fat, mornings i struggle to eat brekky and often have a cappucino, followed by blueberries by 10am, not ideal, but working with what I can do.

Yes some people comment "wow you look so good now" as i contemplate the still lengthy journey ahead, others want the numbers, how much lost and how much to go........something I will never share, others don't comment but seem more at ease the happier I become. Some days it never feels fast enough, but looked at as a journey, I am very happy, and its still early days!

Do I worry about skin? yes and no..........what will be will be, but wearing my old clothes again and selling them off one by one, I feel empowered. I have always been well groomed, but a change in hair colour or some new nails, seem to have far more effect.....I am no longer numb......I am happy, empowered and full of gratitude.

Submit "4 months, 58 lbs, some hair loss, dropping sizes, new man" to Digg Submit "4 months, 58 lbs, some hair loss, dropping sizes, new man" to del.icio.us Submit "4 months, 58 lbs, some hair loss, dropping sizes, new man" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 months, 58 lbs, some hair loss, dropping sizes, new man" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Can relate to most of what you have said. specially wanting to find a man while you're big. (i'm still looking).
    Keep up the good work.
    I really loved your post and am very happy for your success! I can relate to the the pasta and bread as well. Love the stuff, but it's affection for me has ceased! Take care and wishing you continued success and happiness
    love your story, very touching, wishing you continued success with your loss and with the hunk you gained! xxx
    Awwwew. Im so happy for u.
    Awesome, keep it up!
    Thanks everyone!