Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Neurorat

Husband will be joining me on this journey in December!!

Rate this Entry
Things have been going overall pretty well for me. I think that I am about done with weight loss. I seem to be losing maybe a half pound every week, if that. I ended up smaller than I thought I would which is okay (I guess its going to have to be!). I am still doing a pretty good job balancing a 90 + hour a week job, multiple sclerosis and my work out schedule/eating plan. I had a few weeks off of exercising when the fatigue was so bad I was sneaking naps at work, but I am back to running. Since being fit at a running store, I have been able to run daily without pain in my knees! Who knew?!! I just finished my 5th or 6th 5K last night. It was great: a run through an old cemetery for Halloween!

But on to the most important development: my husband has a surgery date! December 5th! I've taken that week off of work and I am so excited for him!! He has had pretty bad back issues from spondylolithisis, which has been made worse by his weight. I cannot express how excited I am that he will have a chance to make his back pain better and to be healthy! We can race together!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Submit "Husband will be joining me on this journey in December!!" to Digg Submit "Husband will be joining me on this journey in December!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Husband will be joining me on this journey in December!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Husband will be joining me on this journey in December!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Your hubby and I are having surgery the same day!! Woot!!
    Congrats on the family plan! My 50lb weight loss has improved my back and joints beyond my hopes.
    congtrats to you...I work that much sometimes too and I feel that is how I got this big.. no time to plan ..no time to workout..all fast food... barely time to sleep.. How in the heck do you manage to workout when you work so much. this task I cannot accomplish.. do tell....
    You won't like how I do it I get to work at 4:30, so I wake up at 3 am and run 3 miles then shower and go to work. I can't do it after work, I'm always dead. Sometimes if I have down time I can walk at work, or do "the nasty nine" which consists of walking up 9 floors then back down, then up eight abd down, etc.

It's hard but I am really trying to make this work and keep healthy habits!!
    That is great news Neurorat. I always enjoy the posts.

Good luck to your husband.
    Your husband has to wait until 2013, unless there is another arbitrary change.
    Good news! It *is* 2013! 17 days till surgery for you @Technomancer!