Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Alliejc

2 months and I think my head is finally 'there'!

Rate this Entry
I am now just over 2 months post surgery and I've lost 4 stone and 3lbs. I'm so thrilled at seeing the weight loss that I think I am finally losing my love of food - which has been a life long habit.

I know I'm not eating as much as I should be, and I'm still struggling to get as much fluids in as I should but I am so conscious about WHAT I am eat rather than the amount now which is great. I check all the fat, sugar, etc contents on the sides of food packets and I never snack in between my meals. I stop when I'm full - this never happened before! I have really got into exercise too. I have bought myself a treadmill and make sure I do a little each day which is really helping.

I can honestly say now (which I really didn't think I'd say straight after surgery), that I am so pleased I have had surgery! I'm loving changing my clothes sizes and feeling good about myself.

I know this still isn't an easy journey that I have ahead of me. I know there will come a time when I want to pinch a french fry off of someone's plate or a square of chocolate, but I am making the most of this time that my willpower seems to be on felt steam ahead, and I hope that I won't lose the strength that I seem to have gained at present.

Good luck and well done to everyone on their weight loss journeys - it's not an easy one by any means! You are all stars for even contemplating going through such a drastic change and it's great to know we are all here for each other whenever we are needed. x

Submit "2 months and I think my head is finally 'there'!" to Digg Submit "2 months and I think my head is finally 'there'!" to del.icio.us Submit "2 months and I think my head is finally 'there'!" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 months and I think my head is finally 'there'!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hiya Allie, sounds like you are doing great, and if you want to pinch the odd chip so what, it's not like having a whole plate full! So pleased you are doing well and loving your new life, well done xxx
    Congratulations! It took me a little while too to get used to it! I have a treadmill too and would never be able to keep up with exercise without it. WTG!!!
    hi very inspiring words, iam now 8 days of surgery and i cannot wait, i go for my pre-addmission tests tomorrow . so full steam ahead for me, i have nearly finished my 3rd week of the 4 week pre opti fast diet and to my amazement it has not been that bad, i think my head is finally in the right place now, i know i can do this so i cannnot wait for my opt and get on with life.....thanks again for the positive words....michelle
    Good luck Michelle - i know you'll do great! Keep me posted with your progress x
    Hi allie, I am 5days post surgery and missing food you're words are exactly what I need to read today. I am feeling a little bit better everyday but I wonder about food and my future eating plans. I'm trying to have water and soup often which is easy as I have been recovering at home but I worry about when I get into life more and back to work in a week that I will find it hard. Thanks again for the inspiration
    Glad to be of help Ren, and well done on your progress so far. I have only been back at work for a few weeks but I have found it easier for me not to have breakfast before I leave home but to take a yoghurt and have that once I'm there. I have a banana mid morning and then some soup for lunch. That is usually enough until I get home in the evening for my small meal. I hope you find it a bit easier when you get to work. Just take each day at a time and you'll be fine. All the very best of luck x