Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

marilynlw

Marilyn's weight loss journey. instalment 2

Rate this Entry
Due to my very low self esteem I didn't love myself and didn't think I deserved to be loved and had some very bad relationships with men. I dated one in particular I remember who thought the world revolved around him and it was my job to make him happy, and being that I was fat I should be glad to do anything he asked just to be with him. So one day as I cooked his dinner and he was watching TV my daughter who was 4 at the time crawled onto his lap and asked. "Daddy will you read me this book". (Every man she knew was called daddy by someone and she didn't know his name so she called him daddy). Well he push her away came storming into the kitchen and demanded I tell her not to call him daddy. Well I told him not to worry she wouldn't ever do that again and showed him the door. At least I found out quickly what a jerk he was. But things did get better.

After my daughter was born I had started to work in the general accounting dept at a large bank. I worked night shift and every night a employee Bob and I would go on break together and another man named Tom all ways went on break with us. Tom worked in another dept and had been friends with Bob for a long time. Tom was a very sweet and shy and very overweight man just a couple of years older than me. Well Bob transferred to another dept but Tom kept going on break with me. Tom and I were friends but her never asked me out. One day I asked Tom why he kept going on break with me instead of Bob. He said "You are so much prettier than Bob" So I started hinting for him to ask me out. Poor boy was just to shy and also had very low self esteem because he weighed about 500 lbs at the time, but was the sweetest man I had ever met. So I baked him a cake for his birthday and invited him over to my house for dinner. While I was finishing up preparing dinner he was in the living room with my 6 year old daughter when I say her try to sit on his nonexistant lap and asked "daddy will you read me a story".
But the funniest thing happened - he pulled her up with the biggest smile on his face and said sure. I was in LOVE. We dated for 3 months and he never even tried to kiss me goodnight. So as we were saying good night I pinned him to the door and laid one on him. Well he asked me to marry him the next day. We were married 4 months later.

I think that is a happy place to stop today. But there is more to come in my journey.

Submit "Marilyn's weight loss journey.  instalment 2" to Digg Submit "Marilyn's weight loss journey.  instalment 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Marilyn's weight loss journey.  instalment 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Marilyn's weight loss journey.  instalment 2" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hooray for throwing the awful man out and Hip Hip Hooray for asking the good man into your life!
    Can't wait for the next installment! I have a feeling we're heading for a happy journey
    Wow! The love of a good man can help you get through anything!
    this is why you dont introduce men to your small children unless you know they are there to stay.. poor thing..
    So glad you found your courage to show him the door! And it took great courage to take leap of faith with Tim but sounds like all 3 of you will be better off , Congratulations!!
    YEAH!! Way to plant one on him
    So happy for you!
    Wow. Good for you.
    Good for you!
    that is so awesome! It is true a window always open when a door is shut!
    thats a BEAUTIFUL story ! it made me smile ..