Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jackie W

Gallbladder!!!! UGH!!!!

Rate this Entry
So last week I spent 4 lovely days in the hospital, not eating the whole time I was there. Had a huge gallstone and they removed my gallbladder. However there were some gallstones in the bile duct, so I had to have an ERCP, twice. Needless to say I was able to go home finally on Friday. I look at this as a good thing, because I lost so much weight, it was bound to happen.. This week doing loads better, but I have found that I actually eat less now then I did before?? Not sure what the deal is with that..Just an update I am 9 months out from my sleeve and I am down to 210lbs, only 11 more lbs to go before onderland. Really looking forward to that..However I am nervous with the holidays coming up. I do not want my family to think that they cannot have a normal Christmas or Thanksgiving just because I am limited on what I can eat... I know this rambling but it has been one of those days..

Submit "Gallbladder!!!! UGH!!!!" to Digg Submit "Gallbladder!!!! UGH!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Gallbladder!!!! UGH!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gallbladder!!!! UGH!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i know this will also be an issue with me in the months to come do to i already have Galstones!! Glad Your feeling better... i know those 11pounds are just around the corner for you
    Glad you got through the worst of it. Happy you are feeling better.... just 11 more pounds!!! Yay!!!!!
    Omg I am having an ultrasound in about 2 hrs to determine whether I am going to have my gall bladder removed this week. My PCP told me its an outpatient surgery and I will go home the same day. Is that not true! lol I do not want another surgery but I guess if I have to I have to. Glad you are doing well!
    well it is true as long as you do not have "Sleep Apnea" as a dx in your chart. Because of that I was obligated to stay one night..then the problems with the bile duct cause the other two nights..

I can be retested for sleep apnea in January which I am hoping will be removed from my chart and I will not have to stay the night again... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Christinakalei
    Omg I am having an ultrasound in about 2 hrs to determine whether I am going to have my gall bladder removed this week. My PCP told me its an outpatient surgery and I will go home the same day. Is that not true! lol I do not want another surgery but I guess if I have to I have to. Glad you are doing well!
    Typically gallbladder removal is a same day surgery, but complications can force you to stay longer. I was discharged the day after my gallbladder surgery but that was because my surgery was in the evening. I had also been in the hospital for 8 days at that point because I had pancreatitis as well. That was not fun at all!
    Like everyone has said, gall bladder removal is done during day surgery. I went home the same day since there weren't any complications and have done well recuperating.