Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

shrinkinggirl

Stalling is hard and makes the mind wander.

Rate this Entry
Well- I've been hovering between 222 and 219 for about 10 days now and boy golly is it frustrating! I feel great and have been enjoying life, eating well, and drinking lots of fluids. I bought myself a wii fit and have been loving the silly and fun physical games- but I have not been hitting the gym quite as hard as I was in the first few weeks as its colder and darker than it once was. I still work out 5 days a week but sometimes I walk and wii fit instead of using aerobics and weight machines as I did before. I eat about 75 g protein and drink about 75-80 oz water a day. I'm wondering if it is the lack of gym time or just my body adjustment that is stalling me- I stalled for 10 days about a month ago as well and then dropping 10 steady pounds so perhaps this is just how my body works but I have to admit it sure does play mind games with you, doesn't it?

Submit "Stalling is hard and makes the mind wander." to Digg Submit "Stalling is hard and makes the mind wander." to del.icio.us Submit "Stalling is hard and makes the mind wander." to StumbleUpon Submit "Stalling is hard and makes the mind wander." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am in STALL HELL.. I would be losing so much more if I was on weight watchers or something.. I have no idea.. but I have not moved more than 3.5 since 9-13... I am so frustrated ... why did I do this for NO WEIGHT LOSS.. I have read it all out there.. stall stall stall.. but when you are eating so little food.. and not losing.. it just makes ya want chocolate.. ha ha.. I have not given into any of the stupidity that I would have done in the past.. not lose = go get chocolate.. I havent done it.. dont plan on doing it.. but wonder WTF is going on.. I am losing inches.. or I can say I feel like I am.. but I need to see the scale move.. I MIGHT CONSIDER THROWING IT OUT ON MY FRONT LAWN.. at least it will MOVE THEN!!! I am with ya sleeve-sister... wish I was closer to your weight... but like everything else.. there is someone out there heavier than myself.. thinking the same thing.. uuuugggggg.. I am the most positive person there is ...and to be on the negative side is JUST NOT LIKE ME.. and I am not liking it..
    Hi ladies!! I know how frustrating the stalls are, but there is good news......when the stall is over and the scale starts moving again it will move very swiftly!! I am 14 weeks post-op as of today and I have had 2 stalls that lasted 2 weeks apiece. My 1st stall was at 2 weeks post op, than I lost again for 4 weeks at a rate of 3 pounds a week. Than another 2 week stall and again losing at 3 pounds a week. I expect that I will have another stall soon, but I am prepared for it now. Please, please, please take you measurements because what keeps me sane during the stalls is that this is when I loose the most inches. I will usually take my measurements half way through my stall and this is just the lift I need to not get totally pissed.
    I'm stuck too and it's no fun. I have been stuck for over a week at losing a pound and then it's back on, it's exhausting to get on the scale and pray for it to move only to see that darn pound on and off and on again!! I hear ya girls! I hope this gets moving soon because my husband just made the comment of "I can't believe you spent all that money not to lose what you expected, you could have done this without spending thousands and thousands of dollars (I was self pay in the states, no Mexico for me)"...that gets even more frustrating.
    The stall is your body's way of adjusting. If you are doing the right things i would not worry about this. I went through a 10 day stall at 230 and in the last 7 days i have lost 7 lbs.
    *muttermutter-stupidstalls-muttermutter*
    im with ya had my surgery 8/28/12 n lost 23 lbs in 3 weeks then bamm nothiong in 10 days
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyChrissy
    I am in STALL HELL.. I would be losing so much more if I was on weight watchers or something.. I have no idea.. but I have not moved more than 3.5 since 9-13... I am so frustrated ... why did I do this for NO WEIGHT LOSS.. I have read it all out there.. stall stall stall.. but when you are eating so little food.. and not losing.. it just makes ya want chocolate.. ha ha.. I have not given into any of the stupidity that I would have done in the past.. not lose = go get chocolate.. I havent done it.. dont plan on doing it.. but wonder WTF is going on.. I am losing inches.. or I can say I feel like I am.. but I need to see the scale move.. I MIGHT CONSIDER THROWING IT OUT ON MY FRONT LAWN.. at least it will MOVE THEN!!! I am with ya sleeve-sister... wish I was closer to your weight... but like everything else.. there is someone out there heavier than myself.. thinking the same thing.. uuuugggggg.. I am the most positive person there is ...and to be on the negative side is JUST NOT LIKE ME.. and I am not liking it..
    i put the scale away its been driving me INSAINE omg i lost 23lbs in 3 weeks now nothing in 12 days i finally lost a lb this weekend n put the scale away til next sat n i swear to God if i havent lost anything next weekend the scale is going OUT THE WINDOW!! im only eating like 550 cals n walking n drinking water n getting 60 grams of protein no carbs and little veggies cuz im so fulli am frustrated!!! but this site is helping me cope thank u everyone its nice to know im not alone!!!! its simple math calories in calories out n if im only having 550 cal in n back to working running errands laundry dishes etc n walking n even started going back to the gym yesterday why ooooo why is the scale not cooperating!!!!!!!!
    550 calories is NOT enough!! I know it is hard to eat enough calories, but if you try to bump it up to at least 800 you will likely see results. 550 calories a day puts you body into starvation mode. Even when you boost your calories you will still have occasional stalls.
    I second that, bookwrmmom- 800 is the pretty much the minimum that I can maintain any weight loss on- I aim for around 1000 or so, personally- but any lower than 800 and the scale is NOT going to move.
    Just hit my first stall 2 weeks post op - grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Thank goodness for this forum and being prewarned and prepared. So I did my measurements today with the help of a neat little tape from amazon and the results in 3 weeks do nearly compensate for lack of progress on the scales. And maybe I do need to up my calorie count too.

I think I might be climbing the wall without all the info and support from you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mangomaid
    I think I might be climbing the wall without all the info and support from you all.
    Amen to that, sleeve sister!
    I have only lost 20lbs in 2 months today is month 4 im down 60 lbs which is great but now that im 190 it took a month to get from 202 to that and inbetween i gain 3lbs lose 1lb and its the same thing evey week now ... been 3 weeks since i lost anything .... any guidelines you are following please share... i really dont eat much try to do 2-3 days just liquid every now and then to shock the body but nothing is working..... i do go to the gym 1-2 times a day and only last 30-45 mins weights and eleptical about 15 mins and im done bored... treadmil a mile and bike 1-2 miles do the weights and leave... i just feel depressed inches arent changing cuz everything feels the same when i try it on as it did a month ago my 3rd stall in 4 months and 3 weeks of no weight loss at all but up and down is making me just have no drive
    anyone that is willing to share their daily routine exercise and food menu i will try anything thanks in advance... if you can PM me
    egg (Not a fan of eggs so I dip it into bbq sause) 2 protein drinks 160cal 30g protein, soup, yogurt, frozen yogurt at night 70cal 6g protein, whatever protein I make for dinner.. and sometimes tuna instead 3oz (low fat mayo with curry powder yummy) just starting to add some carbs.. not much though.. they are too filling then never get anything else down...

NOW CAN WE TALK ABOUT A SHI>TY SUBJECT.. CONSTIPATION!!!
    YES! I think my stall has broken! Hopped on the scale this morn and was down 2.5lbs! I am happy to say I did nothing special just kept to my routine of 1000ish calories a day, 60+ grams of protein, less than 100 grams of carbs, and 100 or so oz of water with some sort of easy work-out time every day (maybe just a short walk, a few flights of stairs, 30 min playing wii fit or 30min on the elliptical at the gym)
    I am down 2lbs today too... yea!!! So happy for US!!!!! Are you using the app for the calculating your daily numbers.. I might have to get an iphone just for that..
    Yes, I use the "Lose It" app and I am pretty religious about it- it helps me VERY much to know how I should eat at this stage. Perhaps as I get further in my journey I will understand my body better and not need it- but I'm only 2 months out and I still need the guidance right now!
    I am very happy when I look back and read these posts and I am happy I can keep my positive attitude! I posted this 7 days ago and I have lost 6lbs since then- HOLY COW!
    I'm with you ladies this stalling mumbo jumbo is driving me crazy. It's been a week as of today. I'm going to try some different types of exercising to see if that works. Hang in there everyone