Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ruby2508

Things just aren't going right for me!

Rate this Entry
My surgery was 8/21 so I am 3 weeks and 4 days out. I did well with liquid diet and lost about 10 lbs before surgery. I stayed home for 9 days and planned to return to work the day after my post op check up. My post op check went wonderful and he told me to east pureed foods for a week and then go with anything I could tolerate.

I got to work and had a regular cardiologist appt scheduled that day. When I got there my heart rate was elevated. I have a condition called atrial flutter where your heart rate becomes elevated and your heart rhythm may also be out of sync. Anyway the next day I ended up being sent to the Er because my heart rate continued to stay elevated. They put me on meds to reduce the rate but then ended up shocking me back into rhythm. Since then I got back to work and have been trying to concentrate on eating right and continuing on my weight loss journey. I then get a call that the Dr wants to do a cardiac ablation on Sept 12th. He wanted to go deeper into the heart muscle than he had previously and this required a larger catheter being inserted into my groin and then up into my heart muscle. In order to do this it required that I be put under into a deeper sleep than prior procedures. I was intubated this time and I have been the past three days trying to feel normal again. I have felt like I have a really bad bug that I can't shake. Headache, coughing up phlem, bloody nose, nausea, just feel yuck.

I had all told lost around 16 lbs during this time. Now it appears I have found 6 of those pounds back. Could it be the bloat from the procedure?

I can drink okay and I can eat okay. I am feeling really down. Just hoping that I can get all this behind me and concentrate on moving around more and eating and drinking at the proper times in the proper amounts to jump start this process. I was feeling really good about the 16 lbs in 20 something days but when it all the sudden becomes only 10 in that amount of time I am feeling let down.

If anyone has had any experience with atrial flutter or some words of encouragement, I could really use them today!

Submit "Things just aren't going right for me!" to Digg Submit "Things just aren't going right for me!" to del.icio.us Submit "Things just aren't going right for me!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Things just aren't going right for me!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

All of our journey's are different, we all lose at different rates, i'm 3 months post op and down 40lbs since surgery I stall every other week, just get in the fluids and protein and excerise then your sleeve/body will do the rest. it will help to not compare to others. on the positive side slow losing gives the skin time to stretch back=less loose skin. good luck with your journey
    Quote Originally Posted by cwjadall
    All of our journey's are different, we all lose at different rates, i'm 3 months post op and down 40lbs since surgery I stall every other week, just get in the fluids and protein and excerise then your sleeve/body will do the rest. it will help to not compare to others. on the positive side slow losing gives the skin time to stretch back=less loose skin. good luck with your journey
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know not to compare others. I just want what is good for me as well as anyone on this journey! Somedays are just harder than others for us and I have to get beyond my personal bumps in the road. Again Thank you.
    Simple math. Eat 3500 calories and you've eaten a pound of body fat, unless you exercise it off. So, unless you were eating thousands of calories every day when you noticed the 10 pound weight gain, then there is another reason for the 10 pounds. After reading your story, I think it would be water retention and all the procedural stuff. I haven't gotten the surgery yet(Nov 8). But I do know a lot of diet, food, eating etc. And to gain a pound you have to eat the calories or carbs, if you are going low-carb.

Hang in there, and focus on the ppositive things around you.. I know... easier said than done. But you can and will do it because look how far you've come. There's no turning back, now...
    thank you. I know I haven't been eating those kind of calories so I will have to be patient and let my body get settled.
    Well, that's rough...hang in there!