Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ebonylove

Swollen & Tender...

Rate this Entry
I was sleeved on 9/1/12 and found a really good PCP on 9/7/12. had no problems just wanted to see a Dr for some Gallbladder prevention pills. This DR to my surprised worked with a Weight Loss Surgeon before starting this clinic. She was not as knowledgeable in the Sleeve as other procedures, however she gave great advice and informed me that my incision had great scab and looked to be doing well. I awoke on 9/9/2012 to a very red and hot scar. 9/10/12 I was back in and she told me to take the antibiotics 4 times a day. Also asked to to call my surgeon. Talked to the surgeons team and was told that its not an infection its hard and red due to the inflammation and that 4 times a day is too much for my sleeve to handle. She also had the sleeved and informed me that it scared her when she found her incision . Also told me to try not to use any anti inflammatory mediation for fear of it being to hard for my stomach to handle. Instead to use Arnica. Later that day my pcp called and said that my white blood count is normal so she sure its not an infection but wanted to see me on 9/14/12. I showered and put some of that Arnica cream on it and instantly the pain/ tenderness was gone (this stuff is great) however its still swollen and red. I'm trying to be positive and very happy with my sleeve but scared that it could be fluid that has formed and will need to be drained. Has this happen to anyone else and if so what was the outcome.

Submit "Swollen & Tender..." to Digg Submit "Swollen & Tender..." to del.icio.us Submit "Swollen & Tender..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Swollen & Tender..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Stay positive. This too shall pass.
    I pray that you will be better soon. God Bless.
    I actually took Arnica granules right after surgery -- told to by a friend who is a naturopath. I really believe that is why I had virtually no internal or external pain. Down side is when nothing hurts you do stupid things like lift when you shouldn't Ooops!

Arnica helps to relieve swelling and gives the body a jumpstart to healing itself.

When I was talking with a Dr where I had my surgery, he said that they suggest Arnica for their plastic surgery patients also
    Where do you find this ArnicA????
    I got the granules from my Naturopath's office, my husband picked up tablet (melt on your tongue, so no worries about swallowing) at RiteAid. I understand that the granules are available at Fred Meyer (according to my chiropractor) also.
    My son was in a motorcycle accident a week after I got home from surgery, lacerated spleen, shattered front teeth. Naturopath recommended for him also.
    The arnica cream topical is only for external use. Arnica promotes soft tissue healing. My girlfriend has used it with her kids during football season for those lovely bruises & sprains.
    Purchased mines from Better Heath, however I'm sure you can find it at any Healt food store. I had the cream and it only cost $6. I rubbed some on my vein that still tender from the hospital IV's and within seconds the pain go's away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefloatsup
    Where do you find this ArnicA????
    My store only sold the cream or ointment, I'm going to search for the tablet. I really like this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanie Girl
    I actually took Arnica granules right after surgery -- told to by a friend who is a naturopath. I really believe that is why I had virtually no internal or external pain. Down side is when nothing hurts you do stupid things like lift when you shouldn't Ooops!

Arnica helps to relieve swelling and gives the body a jumpstart to healing itself.

When I was talking with a Dr where I had my surgery, he said that they suggest Arnica for their plastic surgery patients also
    UPDATE: After 2 day of rubbing Arnica on the incision I woke up with a soaked night gown. The swelling has went down, no pain, still a little redness. the incision has drain clear liquids all day today from a micro hole. Have an appointment tomorrow and have no fears that this is an infection. I'm sure the Arnica is the reason for taking the swelling out and forcing it to drain. I only changed 3 bandages today most came out last night while I was sleep.
    Yeah! So glad it's looking better
    Glad to hear its getting better! Keep us posted :-)