Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sweetbeauty

Help please! Becoming little discouraged.

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone,
I am sort of new with posting to the forum. I find comfort in this forum knowing that someone may have an encouraging word to help me get through this trying time. As a requirement per my insurance, I have to do a 6 month supervised diet plan. I am only on month 2. I have completed everything else, so this is a little nerve wrecking. I have lost weight in the past few months, this is the reason I am becoming discouraged. Let me tell you why. In order for my insurance to approve this surgery my BMI have to be 40 or more with no co-morbidities. I have no co-morbidities. If I continue to lose weight as I am my insurance may not pay for this. I know people are saying if you can lose this weight on your own why not continue. I say to them I am continuing but I get at a stand still and I believe that the sleeve is the best for me in my journey to lose this weight now and forever. Should I just stop what I am doing and try to maintain the weight I am at or continue and possibly not be approved for surgery by insurance company? Please help!

Submit "Help please! Becoming  little discouraged." to Digg Submit "Help please! Becoming  little discouraged." to del.icio.us Submit "Help please! Becoming  little discouraged." to StumbleUpon Submit "Help please! Becoming  little discouraged." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

By the way I have dropped from 300 pounds to now 278 pounds in three months.
    you insurance goes by the weight you start with. every question you have about your ins, talk to your nut or your docs nurse or the lady in financing, they can and will answer all your questions and tell you exactly the steps you should be taking.
    I agree with lovelycarnage, check it out and good luck. The point of the sleeve is ot just to get the weight off but to keep it off. Sorry that your company is asking for such a long test time. Guess if you want it covered you have to jump when told. Keep going, it will pay off. The more you can lose pre op the easier surgery and the sooner you can get to goal.
    I had to have a BMI over 40 plus 1 co-morbidity and i had to loose 10% of my weight on my 6 month program before insurance would approve me and i worried about that too but was assured that they look at your starting BMI. As for the age old question "if you're already losing why go through the surgery?" my answer was always "5%!!" On my own, yes i could lose some of the weight but i only had a 5% chance of maintaining that loss over the years, with this beautiful tool i have an 85% chance of keeping it off ... to me there's no contest, especially where my long term health is concerned!!
    i felt the same way. I only had to do the three month postop but I was afraid that I would lose too much and I wouldn't get the surgery. I was also told if I were to gain even 1 pound I could be denied. Talk to your weight loss counselors and/or dr. I know the ladies I talked to during the past three months were so helpful. I was sad whwn I was told I would no longer talk with them. Good luck! This time will go so fast and before you know it you will be scheduled for surgery!
    Thank you all for your help! I will take the advice from each of you! I will be seeing my doctor this week and I will go over with her my concerns thus far.