Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sassafran

Cheated!!!

Rate this Entry
OK...I don't have any will power, today I ate a small piece if fish and later taco bell fat free refried beans, cheese, and salsa.....it was Yummy but I am 9days post op and on full liquids. I hope this won't ruin my weights but I just gave in ti the temptation....I have to do better.

Submit "Cheated!!!" to Digg Submit "Cheated!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Cheated!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cheated!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yeah, I knew today would be tough. I had 3 chicken nuggets which promptly came right back up. I'm on soft foods. Learned my lesson... I also drank regular lemonade which was another no-no. I'm just going to pick right back up tomorrow and not beat myself up for it. Hope you do too! Take care! =)
    Me too taco bell I think last night and today I cooked dinner but I I still went over by 110 calories idk what is wrong with me this really sucks I hope u do better then i do I'm so worried that my liver won't be small enough
    But I am Pre-op and on this stupid diet
    You can do it! Don't give up.
    I still Have most food sit like lead in my new tummy an I am 4 weeks out, don't want to hurt the staple line on it, got to let it heal up, not much room in there trying to make sure only good things get in
    Wow folks, it's not about weight loss so soon after surgery, than it is about your fragile stomach healing. If needing to cheat, try to stay with foods that will be gentle on your tummy until it heals IN ABOUT 6 WEEKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl8133
    Me too taco bell I think last night and today I cooked dinner but I I still went over by 110 calories idk what is wrong with me this really sucks I hope u do better then i do I'm so worried that my liver won't be small enough
    I'm not recommending that you don't follow Drs orders but I too cheated a little during preop. But try to focus on how much easier your surgery will be for the Dr and less complications for you. Stick it out you can do it....if I made it through and I'm a foodie you can to.
    Its hard at times when you feel you crave a dish. Im guilty of cheating today and not proud of myself...but im surprised I have no sensation to throw up, only full. I too must stay focus to ensure my tummy heal correctly!!!! Good luck and keep striving to do better!
    Quote Originally Posted by hopingforanewme
    Its hard at times when you feel you crave a dish. Im guilty of cheating today and not proud of myself...but im surprised I have no sensation to throw up, only full. I too must stay focus to ensure my tummy heal correctly!!!! Good luck and keep striving to do better!
    I too just feel full and only felt it slightly in my chest that's when I stopped eating because I don't really know when I'm full. I don't do sugar free I just dilute my beverages with water...mix plain Greek yogurt w/fiber One 50 and drink shakes but today was challenging for me.

I wish I could just start the soft foods because my restriction doesn't feel so restricted.
    Wow I know how you all are feeling, I'm craving so much, esp a friggin meatball that I keep seeing on tv!! So wish i could sneak a bite but I wont b/c I'm super scared of getting sick. I'm only post op week 2 and its so hard. I tried mashed pot tonight which tasted yummy but man later on I was feeling heartburn
    let me tell you guys about a craving. Right after I had my surgery Wendy's came out with that Mushroom Bacon Burger.. I was dying to have that..Needless to say I went with my sister on errands one day and where does the hussy go to..WENDY'S...and then she promptly ordered that sandwich I could have killed her..but I was good I sat there and ate my tunafish I had brought with me. I almost caved the other day and went to Taco Bell to get a soft taco. I was rationing in my mind that I could just eat the meat and cheese..however even after I bought it, I could not bring myself to eat it. I drove to Chick Filet and got some grilled chicken nuggets..I guess it is a mindset with me, cause I know that those fast food places are what got me in trouble the first time..
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmomabear
    Wow folks, it's not about weight loss so soon after surgery, than it is about your fragile stomach healing. If needing to cheat, try to stay with foods that will be gentle on your tummy until it heals IN ABOUT 6 WEEKS!
    Thanks for the tip I will remember that one for sure
    Trust the want of the food is stronger. Than the ability to eat it, I barely can eat 2 oz of soft fish outside anything else, an after eating makes the tummy go ughhhh, stuffed leave me alone, head hungry is the enemy here,wanting is one thing eating is by far another
    There are some exelent options to Wendy's burgers, Taco Bell ect. Instead of buying that CRAP, go to a real restaurant and have REAL food. The fat and sodium content in fast food is rediculously high, and addictive. There is little nutrtional value as everything is processed beyond belief. If you go to a real Mexican restaurant you will get better flavour, better nutrition and some healthy modification options. You will also get full sooner as real food has fibre and is more satisfying. You will not be cheating so badly, and the nutritional and flavour value will make it well worth the extra bucks. We are SO worth more than junk food!!