Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sassafran

Buyers remorse

Rate this Entry
I believe I'm slightly depressed and will call Dr tomorrow. I am so tired of drinking and sipping everything its beginning to drive me CRAZY!@!@#I almost hate to say it but I want this weight to fall off faster in which the scale is not moving eventhough half of my stomach has been cut off. This weightloss thing has to get better because I'm so tempted to eat some crab legs, halibut, grilled salmon, spaghetti....oh boy these cravings are screaming at me right now.

Just venting but I am soooooo serious.

Submit "Buyers remorse" to Digg Submit "Buyers remorse" to del.icio.us Submit "Buyers remorse" to StumbleUpon Submit "Buyers remorse" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Although I haven't had my surgery yet. I can sympathize as I'm on the second day of my liquid pre-op diet and I feel like I want to eat everything in sight. But I know this will be worth it so I'm not going to do anything to sabbatoge myself.

I have heard from a friend and family member that has had this done and they tell me what you are feeling is very normal and will go away soon. My friend told me to savor every bite and just think about how good skinny will feel. You will be able to eat all of those foods you mentioned soon and just think...you will enjoy every bite more than you EVER have and your body will tell you when to stop for your own good.

You can do it!!
    The good news is those are healthy foods to be craving. It won't be long until you can start having them, just smaller amounts. Hang on it gets better.
    I hope it does get better because I am so tempted and my fiance has been doing all the cooking and he's cooking some good food but I can't eat it.
    In my opinion, the first month is miserable. Especially weeks 2 and 3, when you start feeling like you can eat solids but your doctor says you can't. I'll venture to bet that you're not actually hungry, but are simply having strong cravings. Most of the folks on this board, myself included, still have and will probably always those cravings because of our previous lifestyle and eating choices. This first month is the worst, but trust me, it gets so much better. Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels!
    Hang in there,Sass!

I just started softs. Even though I think I want to eat, eat, eat... When I do, not much fits in. It's worth the "weight" for you to follow docs orders!
    I must caution you on being patient with yourself and the process. This is a TOOL and not a magic cure for our obesity. I would think we all want the weight to fall off as soon as we wake up from surgery but this is for the rest of our lives. Perhaps it's a reality we have to "grow" into as we realize the implications each day. I promise you it will get better and those cravings you're having are more "mental" than physical, I'm sure. Try to distract yourself with something else. Here's where we have to begin trading our old eating behaviors for new healthier more productive ones. Take it one day at a time and relax.
    I will share one little secret. It my first week post op, my husband did all of the cooking just to give me a break. I found it harder when he was doing the cooking. It did me good to just be in teh kitchen preparing the food for my family even though I knew I couldn't have any. It just made me feel better. Hang in there. It gets better!! (I'm only three weeks out and I can say that!!!)