Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bobbybeegood

What is hunger?

Rate this Entry
As I contemplate my new life with my new stomach & my new relationship with food, I was thinking about what really is hunger? When I read some of the post op sleevers saying that they are still hungry or that the surgery didn't work because they are still hungry all the time, makes me wonder how do each of us feel hunger? I'd really like to hear from the post op sleevers as well as the pre-op's. Obviously, the hunger hormone gland is removed so that can't be a factor. So? What is our hunger trigger now? How is that going to affect our future relationship with food? Pardon the pun, but "FOOD FOR THOUGHT"?

Submit "What is hunger?" to Digg Submit "What is hunger?" to del.icio.us Submit "What is hunger?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What is hunger?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks for asking such a thought provoking question. A year ago I could have answered immediately. I have modified and changed my diet several times in the past year working toward my surgery date. Now that I think about it my hunger has changed with each step I took to get healthier. I will be spending the day thinking about this! Thanks for a great question. Have an awesome day and stay safe!
    i agree...i had sleeve surgery 11/09 i stay on target but have slowly slipped back to snacking again. every few hours my brain says OMG your starving so i pop another bite of something in my mouth. i have lost all my weight but have gained 4 pounds back over the past 2 months. i def dont want to head back up the ladder. is it really just in our heads? i REFUSE to gain the weight back so im gonna go back to the protein shakes. i do find i can eat more now..this scares me too. can the remaining part of stomach stretch back out? WHEW it scares me...
    thx guys, I think we all need to work on our boredom hunger, depressed hunger, angry hunger, etc
    Just a suggestion....but maybe try a frest celery stick with a load of peanut butter...just might satisfy the crunch and the sugar attach, and it's not but a health snack to get by...just for a while anyway. This is my biggest fear too...going from the failed lap band to the sleeve. I think of this often. WHat happens if the stomach stretches back out? I'm horrified!
    I like what Bobby said b/c I have been thinking a lot about my life in relation to hunger and food. I am really wondering what I am going to do with out food as a hobby. Of course it has made me face some realities about food and my relationship with it. Solution: When you take a way something it has to be replaced with something. So I am going to try some new things I have never done before. I am making a list of things I want to do that when I am hungry b/c of boredom and depression I can go to my basket and take a suggestion, call a friend, or exercise. I have to put something in the place of what I am changing in my life.