Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MontyW

5 days post op-Gas pain

Rate this Entry
5 days post op and everything going well, except this gas pain. I'm having little to no pain from the puncture sites but this gas is terrible. My pain isn't in my back or shoulder area like most experience but in my pelvic area which makes me crampy. I've tried heating pad and walking. Any other suggestions?

Submit "5 days post op-Gas pain" to Digg Submit "5 days post op-Gas pain" to del.icio.us Submit "5 days post op-Gas pain" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 days post op-Gas pain" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sorry about the sneaky gas. I had no issues whatsoever with it until 14 days out and I went back to work. Right after lunch I thought I was having a heart attack. My secretary was ready to call 911 for me. It was extreme pain in my upper left shoulder and neck. Yikes! As for you, are you taking GasX strips or something else for it? Are you by any chance constipated? That could be causing you great discomfort. When I have any abdominal gas I just keep rubbing my stomach and it seems to help break it up and move it. Good luck. If it continues, call the dr's office and see what they recommend.
    Yes, gas x strips help. I had the same thing. It will get better. I agree, you should also call your dr.
    Good luck and God bless you on your journey. Barb
    One of the nurses told me if i was able to get on floor and put feet up on couch laying on back would relieve the gas and I tried it and it worked for me, So it might be worth you trying..Good luck
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I called Dr office and he suggested that I lay off the protein shakes and use these protein bars instead. Started having a lot of problems with the protein shakes postop, which hadn't been a problem prior to surgery. Feeling much better with that, just wish my energy levels were better.