Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sleeve2412

Sleeved a week ago and wondering.....

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve2412 View Post
Hi everyone..
M new here, was sleeved a week ago and am on the liquid phase now... Challenging times!

Wondering what can i do to speed up my weight loss? When can i start walking ? Also can anyone share any meal plans.

M now taking low fat yoghurt blended in water, light lemonade, soups. Just dont know what else to have in the protein category. I dont want to sabotage things by tarting on juices.

All answers eelcome

Submit "Sleeved a week ago and wondering....." to Digg Submit "Sleeved a week ago and wondering....." to del.icio.us Submit "Sleeved a week ago and wondering....." to StumbleUpon Submit "Sleeved a week ago and wondering....." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I also had my surgery a week ago. I am finally feeling so much better. I think I have been a few days behind on eating and protein but I just now started some soups pureed in the blender. I did have a tiny spoon on peanut butter and that was good.

A friend of mine who had surgery on the same day has been eating cottage cheese, some chicken salad a little watered down, egg salad, refried beans with a little salsa.

She has done great with those things even though I am a little nervous to try beans.

You can do protein shakes, I plan on trying that again next week. I just don't like them very much.
    Thanks windy, thats so helpful.

How come your friend is allowed salads, chkn and cheese the first week? Can v do that? I thought it was only liquid first 2 weeks post op?
    I'm also eating SF jello and SF pudding (I add a scoop of unflavored protein powder to the pudding when I make it), SF popcicles, LF yogurt frozen popcicles, 1% milk, LF cottage cheese. You can start walking. This has made me feel better. Not very far...around the back yard as many times as I feel like it. I was advanced to a chopped diet and it is nice to add new things to my diet. I am almost two wks post op....alittle further than you are.
    Im two weeks out and have eaten lots of protein shakes, a scrambled egg, egg salad, oatmeal, banana, retried beans, yogurt, and puréed peaches. I try to walk at least a mile a day in intervals. One time around my block is 1/3 mile and I walk to the drugstore, mailbox three blocks over, and anywhere possible. When can we start back at a gym?