Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kelly Jo

I know stalls are normal, but....

Rate this Entry
I'm a bit more than 5 months out. I have, from day one, lost slower than many. But this last month, I haven't lost anything. Doesn't seem to matter what I do. Up my calories, lessen my calories, exercise, don't exercise. I have, I think, for the most part, stayed pretty positive through all these months. Even knowing I was losing slow, I was ok with it. But I am truly reaching my point of frustration at this point. I keep gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds. I was excited last week because I lost 4 pounds, finally. Then Saturday morning I woke up and I had gained all 4 lbs back???? How? I wish I knew what to do.

Submit "I know stalls are normal, but...." to Digg Submit "I know stalls are normal, but...." to del.icio.us Submit "I know stalls are normal, but...." to StumbleUpon Submit "I know stalls are normal, but...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Are U losing inches at least?
    I can pretty much guarantee increasing your calories and not exercising is Not the answer. This is a lifestyle change. No sugar, no (or very few) carbs, lots of protein (60grams a day), 1200 calories or less (depending on how active you are) and 3 litres of water a day plus exercise (no need to kill yourself - an hours walk maybe?), and you WILL lose the weight. Expect a stall every month, but if you are consistent, your body will respond. Not enough water could be what keeps going up and down on the scale. You can do this! Good Luck!
    I was stalled over a month, too and thismorning I finally had lost a pound but I'mnot even going to get excited...it may be up tomorrow!!! I'm good with it, though!
    She'll start up again, throw the scale outa' sight for a month then check back, I'll bet you lose... most including myself are micromanaging our losses. Our bodies will do the work if we keep up with the guidelines.. Not on our brains schedule but our bodies... 33 preop, 54 postop, your doin' good Kelli Jo, may not be a rocket but it's great. 87 pounds gone forever is nothing to sneeze at and you still have a lot of losing time in front of you yet. Good Luck...
    I've been wrestling with the same 2 lbs up, 2 lbs down...it is definately frustrating, but you can't give up. Keep tracking your food, excercise and drink your water. I refuse to believe we're done! I'm changing up the foods that I'm eating, since our bodies get used to the same things and throws us in a stall. One day I'll eat much more carbs and calories, then the next day or 2 I'll eat less than usual. I was down 2 lbs this morning, so I'll get excited if it's still gone tomorrow. Good luck and hang in there Kelly!
    You and I were goth sleeved in Dec. and I saw several others that are in a stall that were sleeved the same month....coincidence?
    I was sleeved dec too and have been the same on the scales for weeks. One day I'm a pound down and the next it's back again. I think more calories are creeping in and I have to try and get a grip of them. I still know I'm going to get down to my goal at some point. I'm looking to a year post op and if I'm not goal by then I'll worry
    Thanks all. I have some other health issues happening right now that are giving me added stress so I'm sure that's not helping. I've been NPO all day today and not feeling good about that. Tests in an hour then I can finally have some water. Hopefully things will turn around soon.