Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

leamarieb

Winter clothes dilemma

Rate this Entry
So, I'm going through the twice-annual swapping of the seasons in my closet and I'm looking at my winter clothes. I'm currently a 26/3x, and in my head I know that I won't be that size next winter. So in my head, I know I should toss/donate the winter clothes now and not store them for the summer. BUT, for some reason, I'm wanting to hold onto them. Not for nostalgia or anything, but because there is this teeny tiny little voice saying, "but what if you are still in a 3x next winter...you'll need these clothes." I'm sure there is no way that in 6 months I won't lose enough for these clothes to be too big, but what if the weight loss ends up being really, really slow? Or, what if I lose 10 lbs a month and am down 50-60 lbs, but am still in a 3x?

I also wondering if the satisfaction of getting rid of them will be greater when I pull them out in September or October and find them to be way too big. That seems like it would feel a lot better than getting rid of them while they do still fit, which is causing me a bit of anxiety now.

When did you decide to get rid of clothes? Or are you still hanging on to them "just in case?"

Submit "Winter clothes dilemma" to Digg Submit "Winter clothes dilemma" to del.icio.us Submit "Winter clothes dilemma" to StumbleUpon Submit "Winter clothes dilemma" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was thinking the same thing .I have not had my sleeve yet .but going preop next wed. I say donate them you wont need them ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got rid of them as soon as they were too big to wear! I know I'm never going to be in the larger size anymore. I think it's counter-productive to keep them, look at them, and think you might be wearing them again. Look at the smaller ones and think, "I know I'm going to wear even smaller"! Continued success and enjoy the shopping for smaller sizes. I went from a tight 26-28 to a size 14 pants (getting a little big) and a large top.
    you look GREAT
    I have "only" lost 30 punds so far but, it makes a BIG difference in the way my clothing fits. I have held on to my smaller sizes for years and have every closet in my home stuffed with clothing all the way down to a size 10.

The way I have decided to purge the clothes is to wear it, clean it after I wear it and put it in a bag for donation. As far as the winter wardrobe, I have already started bagging all the 22/20 sizes up to donate. I don't want to wait to get rid of the clothes I know will no longer fit. I want to see those smaller sizes and know (not wish) that I will get into them again someday - hopefully sooner than later...
    I would wait until they are actually to big!
    i have a bag in my bedroom... everytime I put something on that is too big I take it right off and in the bag it goes. When the bag is full it goes to the goodwill or salvation army. DON"T KEEP THEM... you will never ever need them again!!!!!
    I would wait but not because you won't outgrow them but because it will be so much more satisfying to even just try them on next Fall and have them hanging off you like crazy! But, for the clothes you will be wearing this summer, go ahead and get rid of them as they get too big
    I got rid of all my winter clothes. I KNOW I will not need them nor do I want to look at them again. Feels good to be 3 sizes smaller and know that by next winter Ill be even smaller than that!! I can't wait for an entirely new winter wardrobe! I say GET RID OF THEM NOW!!
    i'm loving the emptiness in my closet LOL
    I got rid of everything that no longer fit. It was my way of saying goodbye I guess, but then I have never been on to hang onto useless things anyway.

While my closet is sparce, I did take the opportunity to organize. What a difference it makes in there. The smaller shirts and bouses don't cover up the shelves and I am now able to use those.

I love my sleeve!!