Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

agreatknead

What can I NEVER eat again.

Rate this Entry
Hello Sleevers,
I am both excited and nervous about getting my band the end of June. I did have a band till 2010 but had to have it removed due to scar tissue. I have been thinking about the changes in my diet. I could not eat much when I had the band but, for the most part I ate what I wanted, just not very much of it. I was wondering if some of you long timers could tell me what I will NEVER be able to eat again after this surgery. Would like to mentally prepare myself for the road ahead. Thanks.

Submit "What can I NEVER eat again." to Digg Submit "What can I NEVER eat again." to del.icio.us Submit "What can I NEVER eat again." to StumbleUpon Submit "What can I NEVER eat again." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

In June, are you getting the band put back in again or are you getting the sleeve? I have had the sleeve for 4 months and eat whatever I want, but only a few bites. The best part though is that I don't want the same foods anymore (like bread and not as many sweets). I actually crave protein. That said, I do have a taste here and there of goodies! The short answer... I don't think there's anything you can't eat ever again. Now, whether you will want to eat all the same foods, that's a different story!
    Thanks Mama,
    Sorry I didn't make that clear. Yes I will be getting the sleeve in Mexico on June 27th. Thanks for helping me with that. Just knowing that if there is something I really want I can have a little helps ease the anxiety of getting this done. I didn't eat much when I had the band but for the most part I was satisfied. Guess at 62 being satisfied is pretty important :-) Thanks again.
    No problem!! Good luck!
    The good news is the choices of what to eat will be yours. The bad news is that the choices of what to eat will still be yours. "Should I or Shouldn't I ?"
    some things I really miss eating, pizza, sandwiches ( i tried the thin bread used half and cut that in half to make a sandwich couldnt eat it) bagels I really miss, and pasta and rice in general, I actually do not crave protein, I see myself wishing more and more for a bagel and cream cheese because it sounds so good and I can't eat it, also sushi was my fav. that I can't really eat, just the fish part which just isn't the same for me any more.
    I was never one to eat sweets, my family owns restaurants, so I just ate food and a lot of it, so people say their taste has changed and they don't like sweets, mine is still the same, I never ate sweets and still don't, but I still miss my carbs, and even if I just have a bite of what my husband is eating, I don't feel truly satisfied, I wish i could keep eating but know I can't because I want to be skinny, maybe I wasn't ready, but I know I will do this,.. not to make you not want to have the surgery, just sharing my experience, maybe 3 months isn't long enough for me yet.
    as my surgeon said when I was debating the sleeve vs the bypass, "if you choose to get a milkshake at McDonald's that was between you, god and the people at the drive thru" I have never truly been one for sweets except Jelly beans...I bought some for my kids and have instructed them to hide them. Of course I read yesterday that chocolate is known for lowering BMI..go figure on that one..