Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Katiepot2

A ginuine concern

Rate this Entry
Yesterday, a former co-worker attended a retirement party. She is 1 yr out (this march), I'm sorry, but she looked like walking death. She went from 18-20w to a sz 4, but she pulled her stomach out of her pants and it was like a ball of chix fat. I would'nt have felt wierd, if she hadn't started shaking it and laughng about it, but I am thankful, I never had a belly

I wondered, if I would eventually look like that, but when she asked me "Do you excercise, I said, yes 3-4x wk, she said she didn't and she only eats cake and cookies soaked in milk, because that's all she likes, I then asked about the vitamins, she replied "Oh, I don't fool with those". She did make it a point that there reduced fat and she uses skim milk, like that makes a difference.

Again, I'm sorry, if I offend anyone, but she is doing many things that go against everything, I've been advised not to do. We both were on insulin, I had the pump and refuse to return, she took pills, but it doesn't bother her if she has to take them again.

She really irritated me (as if she didn't care), especially when she started chugging down popcorn and juice. And here's the kicker, someone commented to me, that "That's how you're going to look, too", I thought that was just an idiot, saying idiotic comments! I think she's mal-nourished, but I'm no doc.

Submit "A ginuine concern" to Digg Submit "A ginuine concern" to del.icio.us Submit "A ginuine concern" to StumbleUpon Submit "A ginuine concern" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sorry she isn't taking the program serious. I take my protiens first then vegs...a few carbs and my vitamins daily. Just had my 10 month out...went had all lab test done...GLAD to say passed with flying colors..nothing low...everything right on schedule. Yeah...I do have the saggy skin, and I don't see it going away on its own...gonna keep it as my victory trophy. I went from 28W to 16. I hope you are having good luck with your Sleeve..Best luck on your Journey.
    It amazes me how some take this surgery for granted! There is a lady that I work with that had the surgery a year ago and I caught her having a honey bun and an energy drink. Where's the protein? I spent a lot of money to have this surgery and plan to do everything I can to get the results I want and surely don't plan on taking advantage of this "gift"!
    Unfortunately there are people out there that dont see this as a life changing event. Our sleeves are TOOLS to our succes not the answer to all. I paid for my surgery out of pocket and maybe thats why I take mine more serious. Just stay with the program, it sounds like you are doing great! Encouragement is always here.
    Oh my goodness! Some people huh?

Just do things as best you can and don't worry about other people. I know there's no way i'd give in and start eating crap again, it's been a long and hard road to get rid of the cravings and i'm so stubborn that that there's no way i'd give in now after so long of going without otherwise all my sacrifices would have been for nothing.
    Worry more about yourself, hopefully you will follow a different path.
    Updated 03-31-2012 at 09:01 PM by Saras_Sleeve