Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jamie_lanell

Yes, I'm whining!

Rate this Entry
28 post-op today

I'm aggravated, I'm not use to being at home, I've either worked or gone to school my whole life. Now, I don't have the energy, I wear out within an hour of being somewhere. I hate it.

I hurt, my doc said it was normal, but that doesn't make it hurt less. I'm constipated and that adds to the discomfort.

My mom says I act like I'm depressed and have no will to do anything. I tell her well if you hurt all the time, stuck at home because you wear our easily, can't really stand to eat or was constipated how would you feel.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad I had the surgery even if the weight is very slowly coming off. I know the reasoning behind the surgery was the most beneficial thing for me. I'll just be glad when some of this negative stuff is gone.

I know it will get better, I just needed to whine some.

I do exercise and usually get my protein and water in, but these last couple of days I've just been very blah!

I ate fruit loops last night because I wanted a snack that wouldn't hurt and I could actually eat. The sugar in that stuff is outrageous and of course it didn't feel me up because it was just empty calories. I ate my protein bar after that and I was full. I guess I just get tired of eating things that make me thirsty and I know I won't be able to drink anything. The protein bars really make me thirsty. I eat all my protein, no more shakes for this girl! lol

Oh well I guess I'll stop rambling and go drink me some water!

Submit "Yes, I'm whining!" to Digg Submit "Yes, I'm whining!" to del.icio.us Submit "Yes, I'm whining!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Yes, I'm whining!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Go to Walmart and get the generic COLACE stool softner and add it to your daily vitamins - one in the am and one in the pm. That should help THAT issue...
    The rest will fall into place IN TIME.....everybody wants INSTANT results with everything these days! R E L A X. Enjoy the down time. You have the rest of your life to work and go to school!!!
    It sounds like you have muliple things going on in your life (living at home, no school) SO then add this hugh thing called WLS and pow feeling overwhelmed!! Not a surprise at all. I'm a MOM and I know I "only want the best for my daughter" but sometimes we (moms) say things the WRONG way. Give her a break and accept that you have a full plate right now, it's understandable. OK....Now my advise would be find your local WLS support class and go mingle with those who have been thru it hear their stories (everybody has issues!!)I will bet you, you will find someone to "connect" with. I truly hope you can understand that there are lots for you to work thru and you must be patient and not be so hard on yourself....that will lead to more FRUIT LOOPS! LOL! PS no more Fruit Loops!!
    Thanks both of you for listening to me whine lol! I know no more fruit loops! I will get the colace and add it to my vitamins! Thanks!!
    How old is your daughter? I am assuming the Fruit Loops are hers. You don't need Fruit Loops in the house if they are a comfort food to you. This surgery is about changing old habits and, girl, if that's a trigger for you, it needs to go. You might not be able to eat much of them now, but as you feel better you could. My suggestion is for you to get rid of stuff like that if when you don't feel good you try to self soothe with sugar. Take steps to secure yourself from temptation. Try to figure out what triggers you to relapse into sugar mania. Feeling bad is one. What else? You can do this Jamie and we all are here to support and love you, even on bad days. Depression after major surgery is common. Alot of women on this blog talk about crying jags etc. Feeling tired is also common. Lots of people report the same. You are not alone in this journey. You are a strong woman who can kick any thing in the behind. Thinking of you!!
    Jamie, hang in there girl! You say your getting enough protein, but r u really. Take a look at myfitnesspal and try tracking your intake for a few days. it's easy and will also give you something to do. Did u talk to your doctor this week after the issues over the weekend? Also, for the constipation, my doc advised against colace but suggested Miralax instead. It's very gentle and works well. PS I agree....dump the Fruit Loops!
    Thanks ya'll, my daughter is 6 and I can resist I just had a weak moment, the first for sugar so far. I know it won't be the last, but yall r rt I can do this!
    I think its kinda normal with wls to have a breif period of depression. i did and both of my friends did as well about a month or so after our surgeries. I lasted a few days then all was okay. Probably some crazy hormone thing, lucky us!!! lol anyway, dont beat yourself up over the fruit loops, that was yesterday, and its over.... just make good choices today! and i do agree with honey it is almost impossible to eat all your protein after the sleeve. I am 15 months post op and i still do a shake every day. my dr said it was a must for the rest of my life!! i know they are disgusting, but i think of where i used to be and then a little shake doesnt seem so bad after all! i reached my goal weight about a month ago and it is the best feeling EVER, trust me ALL of the stuff i went through is so worth it!!!! Chin Up good things are awaiting you!!
    I feel so much better now, thank goodness! Thanks everyone for ur support!
    We love your posts because you are so real.
    Quote Originally Posted by mila
    We love your posts because you are so real.
    awww thanks so much. I'm just as lost as the rest of us. I just was never one to sit and wait for somebody else to ask a question, I just throw it out there and all you lovely ppl trow it back at me!!