Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jamie_lanell

Aggravated!! - Not with weight loss or the sleeve but aggravated still!!

Rate this Entry
Ok so I live with my mom for right now...

As I have posted before, I had a hard time at the beginning of my sleeve from lack of protein and being dehydrated. At that time, I was doing good to walk 5 minutes a day.

When I went to my two week appt the nurse said that, I needed to be walking 30mins three times a day with a minimum of the 15 minutes three times a day. Well since she had bypass surgery in the past and works for my doctor, my mother has it in her mind what she said is what I have to do.

Well I started getting my protein and water in and started to feel better so I increased my walking to 15 minutes three times a day. I did this for about four days and guess what I got an UTI. So I've been feeling like shit these last three days and my walking has decrease because of it.

I have been on the heating pad all day and my mother knows this. Well tonight she starts asking me if I got all my protein and water in. This was fine I know she worries since I had such a hard time with it in the beginning. Then she starts talking about how I haven't been walking thirty minutes three times a day like I'm suppose to. So I tell her I have to build up to that point and I have been sick so no I haven't been walking that much. So she gets mad and tells me fine I don't care what you do, but you would be loosing more if you would just walk like your suppose to.

I'm so upset, hurt, aggravated and just pissed off!!!

I know she's my mom and she wants what best for me and all, but give me a break I am not the nurse from my doctor's office and maybe I can't do what she did. I'm trying dang it!!

Ok I just had to get that off my chest thanks for reading!

Submit "Aggravated!! - Not with weight loss or the sleeve but aggravated still!!" to Digg Submit "Aggravated!! - Not with weight loss or the sleeve but aggravated still!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Aggravated!! - Not with weight loss or the sleeve but aggravated still!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Aggravated!! - Not with weight loss or the sleeve but aggravated still!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You haven't even been out a month yet. I am bummed for you not feeling well and you WILL get back to the routine you started. Ya' know these arbitrary numbers that folks tell you to walk and excersize each day aren't always met the first week out. Your body is still healing and now another maladie comes along. You'll get there and don't worry if you don't get the I lost more than everyone else award this month. You will lose at your own pace and if the nurse can't handle it, too bad, Your Mom on the other hand I have no comment. I don't want her after me you know! Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4linton
    You haven't even been out a month yet. I am bummed for you not feeling well and you WILL get back to the routine you started. Ya' know these arbitrary numbers that folks tell you to walk and excersize each day aren't always met the first week out. Your body is still healing and now another maladie comes along. You'll get there and don't worry if you don't get the I lost more than everyone else award this month. You will lose at your own pace and if the nurse can't handle it, too bad, Your Mom on the other hand I have no comment. I don't want her after me you know! Good Luck!
    thanks so much! I appreciate your words of encouragement!
    My mom lived with me. God bless, she meant well but an she could send me thru the roof. You know your body, and you talked to your nurse....you'll be fine. Hang in there! I know you're ticked but you are doing great!
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue121
    My mom lived with me. God bless, she meant well but an she could send me thru the roof. You know your body, and you talked to your nurse....you'll be fine. Hang in there! I know you're ticked but you are doing great!
    Thanks so much!
    MOMS!!!!
    Just keep replying, "OK". And do what you can.
    Wow, did I need to read this today! Thanks for sharing and I appreciate your feelings of being annoyed. Keep moving forward and try to ignore the comments. In her mind, she's being helpful and probably doesn't understand the irritation it causes. I agree with "Msvetrn" to just keep replying "Ok".
    Best of luck to you!
    Mary
    I talked to her after I wrote this post, we stay up way to late sometimes lol!

I told her that just because the nurse was capable of doing all that exercise didn't mean I was. She said that I can do it. I told her yes I can in the future, but not at this point and that she was making me feel like I wasn't pushing myself hard enough even though I'm exhausted. That she was not helping me she was making it worse.

She apologized and said she sorry she didn't mean to do that she just worries about the extra skin and wants to make sure I do everything I can to prevent it. I told her I know about the extra skin and I plan on working on it when I'm capable, but she had to let me build up to that point. She said okay and that she would let me do what I thought was best for me. THANK GOODNESS!!

I really felt better after that. Plus with all my mixed up hormones after the surgery I cried a little and so that helped make my point lol.
    Glad you spoke to Mom! Nothing like confronting the problem She's worried about her girl! Just continue on your path and focus on you! Good Luck!
    YOUR MOTHER SEE YOU AS BEING YOUNG, THAT A GOOD THING. BECAUSE IT TOOK ME A FEW DAY TO WANT TO DO SOMETHING. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. I AM OVER IN MY 40ISH. I WANT TO BETTER QUICKER. HOW SAD IS THAT. IT GOOD THAT YOU HAVE SUPPORT, BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE DON'T THEY GO THROUGH SURGERY AND WEIGHT LOST, THIS ALL BY THEMSELVES. THEY HAVE NO ONE WHO WANT TO HELP THEM. SO BE GLAD YOU HAVE YOUR MOTHER, MY MOTHER DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I HAD THE SURGERY. I WANT A BETTER ME: NOT TAKING MEDS ALL THE TIME. AND SO DO YOU SO KEEP YOUR HEAD UP BABE: ;0 WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.
    As a mother of three grown daughters, two of which have had to have "a talk' with me, I can appreciate what you are saying. So glad you talked to your mom. Sometimes we are too big for our britches, but we honestly mean well. I had to do the same with my alpha female mother. It's pretty normal for strong women to be bossy. We definitely have to be given boundaries and it's too bad you had to do it when you are feeling so bad. Also you will have to give reminders occasionally b/c we do not give up territory easily. lol But what this has shown is you are a Strong woman because you talked on your mother even when you felt so bad. Good for you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYGIRL44
    YOUR MOTHER SEE YOU AS BEING YOUNG, THAT A GOOD THING. BECAUSE IT TOOK ME A FEW DAY TO WANT TO DO SOMETHING. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. I AM OVER IN MY 40ISH. I WANT TO BETTER QUICKER. HOW SAD IS THAT. IT GOOD THAT YOU HAVE SUPPORT, BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE DON'T THEY GO THROUGH SURGERY AND WEIGHT LOST, THIS ALL BY THEMSELVES. THEY HAVE NO ONE WHO WANT TO HELP THEM. SO BE GLAD YOU HAVE YOUR MOTHER, MY MOTHER DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I HAD THE SURGERY. I WANT A BETTER ME: NOT TAKING MEDS ALL THE TIME. AND SO DO YOU SO KEEP YOUR HEAD UP BABE: ;0 WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.
    Thanks sooo very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by mila
    As a mother of three grown daughters, two of which have had to have "a talk' with me, I can appreciate what you are saying. So glad you talked to your mom. Sometimes we are too big for our britches, but we honestly mean well. I had to do the same with my alpha female mother. It's pretty normal for strong women to be bossy. We definitely have to be given boundaries and it's too bad you had to do it when you are feeling so bad. Also you will have to give reminders occasionally b/c we do not give up territory easily. lol But what this has shown is you are a Strong woman because you talked on your mother even when you felt so bad. Good for you!!
    Thanks for your words of encouragement!