Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ShrinkingViolet

Pain In The Butt! :)

Rate this Entry
Ever since I really started back to yoga* a few months ago (I had been really into it for many years, then "fell off the yoga wagon" for a few years during/after my pregnancy b/c of back pain) I have felt better all over... except my butt!

It isn't just the yoga; it's sitting, laying down on my back - staying in ANY position too long now really gives me PAIN in my tailbone (coccyx). I was really starting to worry that something was really wrong - a tumor? Cue panic! Turns out this is very common after a big weight loss, especially if you, like me, carried a lot of that weight on your rump. Your (my) tailbone is still in the position it was when it was covered with layers of fatty padding, but the padding is gone.

And there is not much to be done aside from finding yourself a nice sexy donut pillow or one of these car/office chair pillows with the cutout where your tailbone sits (on my shopping list!)

Time will heal this and all wounds, they say. For those with major coccyx pain, some have found relief with cortisone injections. They say that there is surgery but that some people are left with worse pain after surgery.

For now, I have 2 hand towels rolled up under each side of my butt. I think the cushion I linked to above will work well, at least for my time at work. And I'll try to pay even more attention to my posture, and hold back on some of the poses in yoga that irritate my tailbone the most.

* I. Love. Yoga. I'll have to do a separate post on it eventually, but if anyone else out there is interested, feel free to ask me about it! IMO it is the BEST exercise for your mind, body, and soul!

Submit "Pain In The Butt!  :)" to Digg Submit "Pain In The Butt!  :)" to del.icio.us Submit "Pain In The Butt!  :)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pain In The Butt!  :)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have the same problem, i can't sit for very long as my bum hurts, sitting in the bath is a real pain. I've been skinny before but i never had this problem then. It's like all i have is a bone and some skin covering it but no padding. I'm in the process of trying to tone up some muscles in the gym to try and pad my arse out, lol.
    It's nice to know i'm not the only one who can't sit for very long.x