Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jamiesmith_26@yahoo.com

cucumbers..yum! Need help with protiens meat is killing my tummy

Rate this Entry
I have been having problems with eating more than a tablespoon. I know where supposed to eat protien first but all that makes me feel bloated and nausiated. So I tried some cucumber today and ate the whole thing and feel great! love em now! Is their any protiens that are easy on the stomach?

Submit "cucumbers..yum!  Need help with protiens meat is killing my tummy" to Digg Submit "cucumbers..yum!  Need help with protiens meat is killing my tummy" to del.icio.us Submit "cucumbers..yum!  Need help with protiens meat is killing my tummy" to StumbleUpon Submit "cucumbers..yum!  Need help with protiens meat is killing my tummy" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I don't believe cucumbers have any protein -- sorry!I have had better luck with eggs (poached) and cottage cheese with jello. Surprisingly for me, re-fried beans from taco bell have been my favorite thing to eat so far. I have never been able to tolerate anything but the beans from taco bell. I eat small bites and chew well. I also have to eat slowly. I've made a few mistakes and gobbled some bites. Boy, did my tummy tell me it didn't like that. Good luck.
    hi so how long ago was your surgery that you eat so little so on a daily what can you eat
    What stage of your diet plan are you on? I was told that if i moved up a step and didn't handle it well to go back for a week and try again at another time. Also, beef and pork are hard meats to digest, chicken and lamb much easier. I was advised to try chicken and lamb first.

Also if you don't want to eat meat at all google vegatarian protien foods, you should be able to find something that is a little easier on your stomach. Spinage is a good source of protien so are chick peas and lentils, but not on their own. Chicken has all the different protiens you need in one piece of meat but to get the same effect with the beans and pulses you have to have some of everything to get them all. Dairy products are also high in protien.

Eggs are a good source and so is cheese and milk, there are loads of ways to get your protien, be a little inventive.x
    I'm 17 days post-op and still having some trouble eating much protein except dairy. I can tolerate cottage cheese, greek yogurt and soup broth with the pieces of carrotts and chicken in it. I also don't feel like eating most of the time and have terrible acid reflux, other than that, I'm losing weight and love the new look and feel! Friends and family keep telling me to be patient and it will get better, but I'm anxious to start on some new kinds of food that I can enjoy and tolerate. How long ago was your surgery?
    Try going back to protein shakes, easy way to get your protein and your liquids at the same time.
    I am 7 wks out any type of meat kills my stomach and I cant stand the shakes anymore . I can eat 1/2 a cheese stick just looking for anything that taste good.
    I can definitely see days I wouldn't want to drink the shakes but would suck down 2-3 a day plus water just to keep my RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) going and get enough protein so that my body doesn't turn to my muscles as a food source instead of fat...that's why they want you to eat so much protein in the first place. It's a serious surgery w/ serious implications for the rest of your life.

All of these facts (RMR, protein amount, etc. ) can be confirmed by your doctor. Have you tried all of the shakes out there? You might be able to find another brand/flavor that will work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiesmith_26@yahoo.com
    I am 7 wks out any type of meat kills my stomach and I cant stand the shakes anymore . I can eat 1/2 a cheese stick just looking for anything that taste good.
    Today i went to the shops and bought some turkey fillets, chick peas a huge onion and a leek. My dad made it into a soup for me with some chicken stock. When it was ready i blended it down into a soup/puree like thickness. It was delicious! And packed full of protein goodness.

My dietician told me that sometimes i may not be ready to move on to the next step of the diet plan, to just go back to what i could keep down and try again a week later.

I think if you blend your meat with some gravy or stock and some vedge then you may be able to stomach it a bit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    I'm 17 days post-op and still having some trouble eating much protein except dairy. I can tolerate cottage cheese, greek yogurt and soup broth with the pieces of carrotts and chicken in it. I also don't feel like eating most of the time and have terrible acid reflux, other than that, I'm losing weight and love the new look and feel! Friends and family keep telling me to be patient and it will get better, but I'm anxious to start on some new kinds of food that I can enjoy and tolerate. How long ago was your surgery?
    Wow! i feel like a bit of a pig with what i can get down after 5 days. I drink a pint of soup a day, lunch and dinner, and a pint of milk, slimfast for breakfast and a milkshake made with fresh fruit mid afternoon.

Over here it seems we don't have to drink protein drinks after our ops, they like us to get our protein via food and dairy.

I haven't had acid reflux yet but i was given some disolvable omeprazole from the hospital when they discharged me, i have to take it for six months so hopefully i won't get acid reflux.
    I can't believe how much you can eat! It's been 3 months since I had my surgery and I can't eat that much. I have all I can do to get down my protein shakes.
    Plain greek yogurt has I think 23g protein per half cup. It tastes nasty but if you add some sugar free syrup and/or splenda it helps. Ricotta cheese has about 14g per half cup but tastes worlds better (still have to add the SF syrup or sweetener tho). They both qualify for "puree" or "mushy" food. Otherwise - tuna and canned chicken is my lifesaver. They make a pack of premade tunasalad that is 100 cal and has I think 14g protein that is just the right size for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by proudofmysleeve
    I can't believe how much you can eat! It's been 3 months since I had my surgery and I can't eat that much. I have all I can do to get down my protein shakes.
    From what i've been reading on here it's the protein drinks that are filling you up. My dieticians diet plan aims to have me eating 'normal' food after 8 weeks. I can't wait for week three when i get to eat soft food, i never thought i'd look forward to eating what looks like baby food. I can't wait to have some mashed carrots and swede with mashed potatoe. Nom nom nom!