Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Pixie

Reflecting back over the last six Months!

Rate this Entry
I'm coming up on six months March 6th, it's been a journey but not one I would trade for anything. I'm disabled and for me my weight loss has been slow. When I started this journey I thought I would have lost 100 pounds by now. As of this morning I've lost 60 pounds. I started off losing very well. I hit several stalls and when I got in the 270s I couldn't get out of them. I still can't eat alot at one time, but can eat most anything without problems which is good. I have a slow thyroid and my metabolism has always been extra slow. Because I couldn't walk very well after surgery I didn't get alot of excercise. When my weight loss stopped I tried eating more because I didn't think I was eating enough, well that didn't work, didn't gain but didn't lose. I tried more protein, different foods I tried it all. In the mean time my husband has lost nearly 100 pounds eating twice as much as me and I was getting discourged. That when I found something that works for me. I started eating a protein a fast carb, and a slow carb. A snack between meals, it boosted my metobolism and I've started losing again. I also am doing excercise at the YMCA I can get into the warm pool and do a pretty good work out. All this seems to have helped me get going in the right direction again. When I started I wore a size 28w and they were getting tight. I'm now down to a 24w and most 2x shirts. I can't weight to be in a size 18 and then on the downward spiral. Please let me know of your weight loss story. Until then continue the good work. Pix

Submit "Reflecting back over the last six Months!" to Digg Submit "Reflecting back over the last six Months!" to del.icio.us Submit "Reflecting back over the last six Months!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Reflecting back over the last six Months!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You have worked hard for you loss and deserve to get to your goal. Very well done and keep up the good work.
    Hi Pixie! Sounds like you are working thru it all and back on track. I think you were still on track just going thru a stall which I keep reading everyone does. I haven't had my surgery yet I am scheduled for 3-6 your 6 mo. aniversary. Don't get discouraged and know 60lbs is alot to be proud of. Where in NC are you I am from NC as well and I don't see many here from there.
    Good for you...way to stay focused! Keep up the good work. You'll get to your goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawk
    Hi Pixie! Sounds like you are working thru it all and back on track. I think you were still on track just going thru a stall which I keep reading everyone does. I haven't had my surgery yet I am scheduled for 3-6 your 6 mo. aniversary. Don't get discouraged and know 60lbs is alot to be proud of. Where in NC are you I am from NC as well and I don't see many here from there.
    I live near Albemarle, it's about 1 hour east of Charlotte.
    Congrats!!!! I know it is hard to watch the dear old hubby loose faster than the speed of light when we are just creeping by........i used to tell mine that I was gonna add extra fat to everything I fed him...LOL! Anyway I'm super impressed by your weightloss but also your comittment to keep going. It sounds like you have been very innovative and found a way around your disability so you can excercise and now the same thing with this stall you've been in. If you don't mind when I get stuck I might just have to hit you up for some problem solving strategies. I love the way you are going at this thing..... its truly inspiring!
    What's a fast Carb and a slow Carb?
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmeyeboyz
    Congrats!!!! I know it is hard to watch the dear old hubby loose faster than the speed of light when we are just creeping by........i used to tell mine that I was gonna add extra fat to everything I fed him...LOL! Anyway I'm super impressed by your weightloss but also your comittment to keep going. It sounds like you have been very innovative and found a way around your disability so you can excercise and now the same thing with this stall you've been in. If you don't mind when I get stuck I might just have to hit you up for some problem solving strategies. I love the way you are going at this thing..... its truly inspiring!
    Thank you, I'm working on it. Please fill free to ask me any questions about any of the process. I sure asked plenty.
    Pixie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jo
    What's a fast Carb and a slow Carb?
    A fast carb is like bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, lima beans, pinto's, corn.
    Slow carbs are like green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, onions. I hope I don't have them backwards, lol. But for most people you need more protein and a lot less carbs. Just keep that in mind!