Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lovingme16

4 days Post Op

Rate this Entry
My experience has been different. I watched a lot of you tube videos and read a lot of blogs. I had surgery on Dec. 27 and it went well. Of course nothing to drink the first day just IV fluids and my chap stick was a life saver! I stayed on pain meds Tuesday (day of surgery) and Wednesday. I was released on Thursday after tolerating some protein shake and getting discharge information. I haven't been on pain meds since leaving the hospital. I never had any nausea, no constipation yet (TMI, I know) and had only a small amount of gas pain. I have done a lot of walking to keep the gas pain down. I have also tried to stay hydrated by eating ice chips, taking my vitamins and drinking the protein shakes. Has anyone experience a lot of gas after drinking the premier protein shake? All in all I feel really good, but it does suck that I will be home bringing in the new year. I am 10lbs down since surgery so I guess that is my new year gift to myself. I am glad that I didn't experience a lot of pain and complications but I am looking forward to a speedy recovery.

Does anyone know how long it took their stomach to heal and feel normal again?

Submit "4 days Post Op" to Digg Submit "4 days Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "4 days Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 days Post Op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

We had surgery the same day.

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well! Congrats to you on your progress!
    Hahaha. Define "normal"! LOL. You are going to get a new normal. I am 8.5 weeks out. Still get the weird heartburn/gurgling in my tummy. I am able to eat more but still not a lot. I will say that each day gets easier and easier. I have been through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve/Day with my new tummy. You adapt. You don't miss being able to eat a ton like the old days. I have even been to happy hour with work friends. I ordered a screwdriver. It was very small and I only had a few sips over the course of 2 hours. When my family goes out to eat, my hubby is very supportive and orders something I can have so I can nibble off his plate. I don't ever feel like I am missing out or that I can't socialize and be around food. I do not miss sweets or breads. Since I can only eat a little bit, I make sure I am putting the absolute best nutrients in my body. I know that it is going to be a long time before I ca eat any substantial amount of food. I think babies eat more. LOL. But things have gotten better and easier every day.
    I had my surgery on 12/29/16.... lots of incisional pain, a lot of vomiting the first three days. Still cannot take in more than 8 ounces of a protein shake a day. So I'm only getting about 23grams a day. My stomach feels like it gets hunger pains. But not sure what it is. Anyone else have this happen?
    Yes, I had those big gurgurling pangs for about 3 weeks. Thankfully, that gas stopped. I'm almost 6 weeks out and my tummy feels fine unless I eat too quickly or don't chew well enough. Trust me, it does get better and easier each and every day. I think I cried daily for 4 weeks but now I'm good. They tell me that that's normal too. It's a roller coaster.