Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Libby8732

1 Week post op Questions.

Rate this Entry
Hi,a quick question.

I have been having excruciating pain over last couple of days which has been coming on from time to time and lasting about 1-2 hrs. Rang clinic, I have no temperature, wounds are fine. They think it's the trapped wind. How long can this go on for ? I've never known pain like it.

Thanks in advance

L x

Submit "1 Week post op Questions." to Digg Submit "1 Week post op Questions." to del.icio.us Submit "1 Week post op Questions." to StumbleUpon Submit "1 Week post op Questions." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It can last a couple of weeks if you aren't walking and moving. Walking helps move the air so do as much as you can. Try not to overdo though. Gasx strips and things like that help also.
    Thank you , I have been walking but I'll give the Gasx strips or similar a try .
    I am sorry you are having the gas pains. I had those pains when I got my tubes tied years ago and it hurt so bad! I was really nervous about this surgery but luckily I didn't have any pains related to the gas this time around. Definitely want to keep walking though.
    If in doubt call the doctor
    Thanks peeps , fingers crossed but none today - yay !
    Sounds like gas pains. I didn't have them but I've heard they can be very painful. Walking helps, so do the gas x strips. And like others suggested, when in doubt call your doctor. Tylenol might help too.
    I had them about a week after I got home.. I was in some pain.. but it only lasted about a week.. then it was gone. Good luck!
    I'm pain free now and feeling much better. Thank you everyone