Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ladylushT

Much too long,,,picked up bad habits,, getting back on track

Rate this Entry
I must say I never thought the honeymoon would be over. I am now reaching close to 3 years out and I get on the scale and think "Houston we have a problem". Honestly I know what my problems are and now am struggling to turn this all around! Lots of alcoholic beverages, not much exercise and no tracking along with way to many slider foods. This has led to a 25 pound weight gain.

I am ashamed because I know that I put in too much in beginning to be at this point now. Stress from job layoffs and tight finances have caused me to overlook my weight goals. I now know what I must do, get back to the basics. Protein shakes (check) house is now void of wine and cracker and chips (check) now tracking on loseit.com (check) working out with my entire family three days a week (check).

No need in talking about what I am gonna do. Soon I will be reporting my losses. I am confident that I can do this!

Submit "Much too long,,,picked up bad habits,, getting back on track" to Digg Submit "Much too long,,,picked up bad habits,, getting back on track" to del.icio.us Submit "Much too long,,,picked up bad habits,, getting back on track" to StumbleUpon Submit "Much too long,,,picked up bad habits,, getting back on track" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good for you on taking charge and making the needed changes to get back on track. You got this
    Knowing the issue is there is 99% of the issue.. You got this!!!
    I am coming up to 4 years and started realizing that the honeymoon is over 2 mo. Ago when I gained 10 lbs and it was not coming off like before. Did inventory and saw alcohol, slider foods and no exercise. Crept up on me. My meals are still good and it is easy for me to keep it within healthy range. My sleeve keeps me in check. It's the same old empty calorie food that got me here in the first place. So now I am aware, doing the 5 day pouch test, day 2 feel better, getting rid of the urges that don't help me. Also no more drinking just because I can.
    So you are not alone and this is a life time job and my sleeve is working for me. Good luck to you
    Ideas on healthy eating/snacks?? I ride in a car all day and it is so hard to be healthy! Started packing protein shake and raw vegetables but that gets old fast! Suggestions?
    Good for you in recognizing what was/is happening. It is so easy to slide back into bad habits!
    Good for you! Just as others are saying, it's not a magic trick to have the surgery and have the weight just come off and stay off, it's only a tool. Old habits, life stressors, lack of exercise, it happens to the best of us...lol... I agree it's easy to get too "comfortable" with not being diligent about using our tool, but we are only hurting ourselves in the end. I too have thrown out the "slider" foods that were around in bulk for the holidays, cut out the alcohol, and began working out again, as the fear of too much regain scares the life out of me (literally). I wish us all luck and continued success! We have already done it, and we can continue on the journey in a positive way with support and mindful behaviors.
    ** Just my personal opinions and self-determination
    Thank you for sharing.
    I am glad you are honest and open with this part of your journey. It never gets easier, we just have to learn how to adapt.
    For all the people who say WLS is taking the "easy way out." If they only knew what we go through or have been through to get where we are now.
    I am guilty of sneaking foods I shouldn't have as well. It is easy to do.
    Like you, I am back on the right track after my crazy holiday food-fest.
    Congratulations on getting back on board.
    Off to go make that shake.
    Came here to see if I could find someone else that was in the same boat as me. Jan 21st will be 2 yrs out. Had my gall bladder out last May and from there I got lazy. With no exercise to speak of, eating after 6 pm, and some alcohol & soda, my old habits have creped back on to the tune of 27 lbs. I am far from impressed with myself as I was a die hard. Time to focus and do exactly as you are and swim back to shore. Good luck to you!
    I know you can do it. What a great attitude and a great plan.
    I'm in the same boat too, time to buckle down! We can do it!!