Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

VSGSetyoufree

Goal Weight Met Today

Rate this Entry
I have not seen my surgeon for a few months. Mainly I felt like it wasn't necessary to make an appointment to just weigh in and chat for a while. I have done everything I was supposed to do and it has paid off. I was due for a full blood panel so I saw my surgeon today and also weighed in. The printout from the scale read 187.5 In April 2014, the first time I got on that scale it read 400.5
I honestly didn't think I could get to that number without some kind of plastic surgery or liposuction but I have. It feels great. My body fat% is 18.5 I don't think it has ever been that low in my entire life. Weight lifting has made the difference for me in that category.
There have been too many NSV's to list, but the greatest reward from this has been enjoying my life more than I did over the last 15-20 years.
For anyone who is on the fence about having bariatric surgery I think you should think about what you want out of life and face the cold fact that you will die at an earlier age and suffer a diminished quality of life as long as you are fat. Almost no obese person will ever get to a healthy weight and maintain it all by themselves.
I have worked hard, but there is no way I would have maintained my discipline without the sleeve. It is possible to lose more than half your body weight. My challenge now is to maintain it. Given my new good habits I have developed I know I will succeed. After leaving the Dr's office today I celebrated hitting my goal by going on a 5 mile walk. Food is no longer a reward like it used to be. There will be a few adult beverages in my near future, but the old days are over. This is the new me.

Stay strong everybody.

Merry Christmas.

Mike
VSGSetyoufree

Submit "Goal Weight Met Today" to Digg Submit "Goal Weight Met Today" to del.icio.us Submit "Goal Weight Met Today" to StumbleUpon Submit "Goal Weight Met Today" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations and job well done!
    Mike, congrats on winning your war against obesity. You are a strong role model.

I second your invocation: Stay strong, everybody!
    That is incredible!

Do you think you will need any cosmetic surgery for skin removal? Or has the weight lifting helped that? Are you going to a gym, or working out at home? How did you get started? Did you find some workouts online o hire a trainer?

Very motivational post! Keep up the good work!
    Congrats Mike!
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzySand
    That is incredible!

Do you think you will need any cosmetic surgery for skin removal? Or has the weight lifting helped that? Are you going to a gym, or working out at home? How did you get started? Did you find some workouts online o hire a trainer?

Very motivational post! Keep up the good work!
    I don't think I will have any plastic surgery. I have some flab around the middle, but it has been improving. Lifting weights is definitely helping. My upper body is pretty solid and as I add bulk my skin is improving. I have used a personal trainer and she was great, but I do everything on my own now in my home gym. Kettle bells and free weights. I focus on shoulders, arms, chest, and back. Hiking and walking/running are all I need for my legs as they are pretty strong now. I also regularly walk with ankle weights, a weighted vest and 2lb dumbells for added resistance.