Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

VSGSetyoufree

Turkey Trot Goal met and a pound away from the Promised Land

Rate this Entry
Well after spending the better part of 2 decades sitting on the sidelines I have to say it's better to be in the game. I weighed in today at 189, down 3 pounds from 2 weeks ago, a pound from my goal weight and down over 210 pounds from the day I started this process. Last week I ran a 5K and my goal was to break 30 min. I came in at 29:21, nearly a minute faster than the 5K I ran a month ago. This was a hilly and challenging course and it was cold, but It was a great race and a fun time.
Thanksgiving was a breeze. I ate a little bit of everything (key word: little)
My nutrition has been pretty good. I definitely can eat more than I could 6 mos ago and fortunately nothing seems to disagree with me. The emphasis on maintaining good dietary habits has been the key for me. Not drinking has been a drag, but I look forward to a good Scotch on the rocks when I knock off another pound. This Christmas season should be celebratory for sure.
Stay strong everyone and Merry Christmas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015tt9.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	25299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015turkeytrot.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	25298

Submit "Turkey Trot Goal met and a pound away from the Promised Land" to Digg Submit "Turkey Trot Goal met and a pound away from the Promised Land" to del.icio.us Submit "Turkey Trot Goal met and a pound away from the Promised Land" to StumbleUpon Submit "Turkey Trot Goal met and a pound away from the Promised Land" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on your fabulous success!! Thank you so much for posting, it is a great encouragement! Keeping busy and actively working the sleeve is indeed the way to go!!
    Great news, Mike. I know you'll enjoy the scotch.